BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Very nice looking. I'm a fan of all the different versions of Stormravens I see people using. Mine's just the basic GW kit with a decent tabletop paint job, but it was still my favorite piece to add to by BA army.

Brother-Sergeant

Nice as always!

I'd opt for the "classical" yellow wings with red blood drop & numbered skull for the tail art - even if that's the variant you don't favor! On the black surface this stands out quite nice - at least in my perception.
    For the front stabilizer ( or what ever you call that mini-wing :P ) I'd just put the "IX" in yellow and maybe below that a scroll with the name of that lovely lady...

Greetz,
    Sny

Brother-Captain

@Xar: You mean the build, or paint job? In any case, in general the easiest way to improve a model is to slow down. I personally have to force myself during a build to take patient and accurate measurements but I always end up 'winging it' slightly because I want to see progress. It's a matter of finding a good compromise between time you want to invest in it and the look you want to achieve.
    When drybrushing or blending for example, do it in 3-4 layers. Making sure your brush is very dry and your paint thick (let it sit on a little palette for a minute) when drybrushing helps a lot. And when blending, it does help to thin the paint enough. I personally prefer drybrushing as it's faster and needs less accuracy. And I also like the textured effect it produces. ^^

@Lovecraft: Cheers mate, don't hold back to post a pic here. I'm always curious to see what other people did with the Storm Raven.

@Snyderson: Good ideas man! I'll definitely include the IX some more on the model, and the 'canards' seem like a good spot. lol
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Captain

It's funny how little secondary colour I feel like adding to the model. I think that all details have been prepped to start with the weathering. Stuff like the grilles on the back, the landing gear and other similar details will get their colour during weathering, no need to over-define them now.
    The decal sheet has been prepped and will be printed during the week and then there will be some more substantial progress.

At first I wanted to paint the thrusters and engine intakes metallic, but after an experiment with bronze, I decided to go with that. It contrasts nicely and fits in the rest of the models painted so far.

Last edited by Meph; 04-01-2012 at 10:42 AM.

I love your paint jobs man very much like my style you seem to do very simple techniques that look amazing on final product. Keep up the good work!

Chaplain

Thumbs up

The SR looks great. Keep up the great work. BA83

Chaplain

The yellow winged skull decal pops out of the best out of the others I find, especially on the black tail fins. The positioning for the murals looks solid as well.

So, would this be the "extended cab sports model" edition of the Storm Raven? Its amazing looking!

Brother-Captain

@CajunMan: Thanks mate! Yeah, I try to find a good compromise between speed/laziness/desired quality. ^^ I just love drybrushing in combination with washes and layering it all up. I feel it adds a certain depth to the look of the model. Of course, delicate shading and blending produces awesome effects, it's also very time-consuming. And despite my sluggish painting speed, I like to see progress as well on large models or large numbers of infantry. ^^

Cheers BA83! Blood Angels FTW! Huah!

@KrewL RaiN: lol, yup, finally a place to store your bolter, spare ammo, ànd your legs!

Brother-Captain

I was going through some boxes and to my big surprise I rediscovered these. Oldskool vehicles ftw! There are some of the first vehicles I ever painted, with Rhino #7 being the absolute first. I guess that puts these vehicles somewhere between 20-23 years ago. It's very funny to see my early attempts at weathering and infatuation with etched brass details and early attempts at conversions. I'm feeling tempted to give at least some of those vehicles and update, and maybe even finish that razorback after twenty years, lol.

So, without further ado, some vehicles from the depth of time. Enjoy!

Oh, and look what gradually evolved on my table over past week while waiting for my mate with the colour laser printer. The honour guard squad for the new army! Right now they just received a wash of thinned oil paints and they're ready for some cleanup and finishing. It's amazing what one can do on a week of being home on doctor's orders.
    Comments and crits are welcome as always. And yes, there are some mold lines that were glanced over by laziness and lack of zoom-o-vision. ^^

Brother-Captain

Nice find with that haul of retro tanks Meph!

I'm loving your command squad and I'm not much of a Blood Angels fan. Especially like how well the eagle heads on the champions backpack have come out, though they don't half look like Sam Eagle from the Muppets, same stern visage. I dub him Brother Samuel.

All Stormravens should look as awesome as yours does, such a great conversion. I'm totally borrowing a couple ideas from that when I get a Storm Eagle for my Imperial Fists, cos the twin tail looks so much better.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast