BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Sure thing mate. I'll see to take some more pics this afternoon, if exterior lighting conditions allow for it. I'm a big fan of sunlight, oi am!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Hehehe, black rims & bieakies ftw!

@ERW: Well, I've used several techniques. I 'dry-sponged' on some chips with boltgun metal, black, and dark brown & -grey. I also gave the panel lines and details a wash with heavily thinned dark brown oil paint and turpentine and on the Razorback I've also apllied some stains and smears using MIG's Oil & Grease Stain Mixture, a oil paint based pre-mixed ink, great stuff.
    And I've applied some weathering powders around the exhausts using some turpentine.

I've you want some more detail on specific things, don't hesitate to ask, or you can always have a look through my [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12800"]Large Forgeworld Marine thread[/URL]. Most of the techniques there are explained in more detail, with lots of step-by-step pictures.

Cheers!
    Thank you, much appreciative, its something I will have to look into when I finally make my Sisters army (when they come out)

Brother-Captain

@ERW: Anytime

Well, here are a few quickie shots of the Tactical and Devastator sergeant. If I had more wings, I'd put 'm on every sarge. ^^

Brother-Sergeant

The wings are what I liked too just makes them pop! Are they the dark angel helmet wings or the blood angel shoulder pad wings slightly modified?

Brother-Captain

Yup, they're the DA helmet wings. I was lucky enough to find 'm on ebay. They fit surpisingly well in those backpack grooves, they needed only the tiniest of adjustments. I wish i could buy a bucket of them...

Chaplain

Hey Meph, Dev Sgts look great, keep up the great work.

Brother-Captain

Cheers mate! Oh and I stumbled across an ebay shop that still had 7 pairs of those wings; I promptly bought them all, muha! Muha! Muhahahaha!

Veteran-Sergeant

I really love those helmet wings, but I've never been able to figure out exactly the proper way to fit them onto the helmets. Is it that they only fit properly on specific helmets, or just that the placement doesn't have a natural resting point?

Brother-Captain

Lol, I actually never tried dry-fitting them on a helmet to be honest. I immediately went for the backpack thing.
    Hmm but they do have some rounded indentations that seem to suggest that they should fit on some curvy part of the helmet. My guess is that there's not one correct way, just sort of a broader area on the MK6 & MK7 helmets where they could rest.
    My best guess is to just glue them where you want and support them a bit until it sticks by itself.

Occuli Imperator

Meph really liked looking through these and I just love the use of gold on the tactical marines to link them to honour guard/ sanguinary guard/ dante tycho. Thinking of my collection my gold marines really stand apart and don't look like the rest of the army, might need to steal your ideas.

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast