BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Oh man that predator is beautiful! Great idea being able to swap all the components to make it into a rhino as well! Going to have to have a flick back through the pages of this thread

inq40k.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

Cheers! Well, i suggest to go into your profile preferences and put the # of posts per page to maximum. Makes for easier reading.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Cheers! Well, i suggest to go into your profile preferences and put the # of posts per page to maximum. Makes for easier reading.
    Yeah definately a good bit of advice that, reduces the thread down to 13 pages from something like 45+ which a lot easier reading.

Utterly beautiful Baal Pred there and I'm loving that Camo scheme on the Land Raider. Didn't think I would, but the red, black and that shade of green works really well together and ties it all in nicely with the rest of your army.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

so camouflage, eh? no problem to me, in rouge trader there were marines with camo on tanks and even on their armor, btw. the badab war was mentioned there in the first place, also with camo patterns for involved chapters, as seen on a youtube-review of rouge trader

Brother-Captain

Yeah, those camouflage patterns stuck with me every since I first same them when they appeared in WD and 40K books back in the day. I makes sense that even Marines resort to camouflage when the need calls for it. Scouts have camo cloaks... So an anti-armour Land Raider is not too far-fetched. I can easily imagine a campaign where the marines are severely outnumbered by an armoured opponent that they would whittle down the enemy by luring armoured patrols into ambushes. Blast the armour in heavy crossfire and then send in the jump troops to finish them off.

I got sucked away in the holiday season a bit so not much painting done. But the last few days I did manage to get the secondary colours painted in and apply the decals. The decals just need some more blending in and then I can start the weathering. I also rediscovered why I don't like doing freehand all that much as painting in that BA symbol on the right door nearly gave me a heart attach, and then i still cheated by first applying a black decal because I didn't have any white ones left in white...

And a merry Christmas and happy New Year to all! I hope the hangovers and indigestions were manageable.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    I finally finished the Baal Predator. To be honest, I'm not overly happy with the weathering powders but it'll have to do. The fact of needing to seal them with varnish so they can be used for gaming and transport really messes with the look of them. Although it's not necessarily bad-looking, the look of weathering powders that are just fixated with turpentine or pigment fixer is a whole lot better. But practicality trumps looks this time.

Those are beautiful tanks.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Cheers, mate!

Still haven't touched a brush this week and the weekend seems to get a bit full as well, but I have been staring at this on my desk.

Sanguinary Priest! Of, course, no bare head for me, no sirree. After reading through the new codex, it dawned on me that these guys would be great with an assault squad, as they give +1WS to the unit.
    So; jumpack tpo keep up, probably magnetized so I can swap 'm out with a regular backpack. I though about maybe incorporating the apothecary backpack details onto the jump pack but then decided against it. I want to keep the plausibility intact of it being a strapon jet engine, so putting a search light and vials on it doesn't feel right.
    Then an upgrade in weaponry, namely a grav pistol and a power sword, or perhaps the axe?
    And the chalice I though to give it a belt and hang it around the waist or shoulder. The way they're described in the fluff, they're not mere cup, but hold many mechanisms for storing and filtering blood. So it seems reasonable that they can be sealed as well.

The change of weapons will give a sufficiently different look to the standard model I think. Any thoughts on choice of sword or axe? Or which helmet? I would have preferred to give him a MkIV or a beaky, but the collar is pretty tight and only a short snouted one will fit. (One has a laurel wreath, the other has some short spikes and the cross on the forehead.)

First-Captain

I'd use the helmet with the Laurels and use the chain sword, after all how you gonna cut through armour and perform amputations otherwise?
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Hmmm. well, he's got a mini chainblade on his right arm. That seems suitable. ^_^

Again nice work on those tanks.
    You got me inspired to pimp my angels!
    Thanks!

Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast