BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
    Brother-Captain

Today I felt like assembling something...
    Guess who's coming to dinnaaah, not de dreadnot.

Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Brother-Captain

Woops, seem like I fell of the edge of the Earth there again for a while. Some time has passed, but I haven't been sitting still. September was filled for the most part with an awesome trip around BC in Canada, and in October I had some weekends away, including a two-day excursion to Essen Spiel 2018. Man, that was a blast again as usual.

Anywhooo, the fruits of my labour:

First up, I had some progress on the Leviathan. Black undercoat as usual, red basecoat, and the drybrush highlights + washes & glazes.
    I have him some striping on his right torso as it seems I have become addicted to masking tape. But damn, that beast is all curves & angles, and in the end, I had to make a compromise between either super-straight lines that lay a bit uncomfortable on the overall shape, or go with more balanced proportion, but not having them all straight at all angles. I chose the latter and I'm OK with the result, but not super-duper happy either. Ah well we'll see how it goes with decals & weathering...

Also, the Stormtalon rebuild got some good progress, highlights are done, and weathering is coming along nicely. I must say, that ugly duckling is growing on me as the painting progresses.

And I have also been painting some other minis as well as assembling.

First up, the five standard Party Guests from Monster Slaughter, a kickstarted boardgame that arrived the same day I came back from Essen Spiel. Awesome game, and a bucket load of cool minis.
    It was a quick & easy paint job, done in a few hours. i think I have some 40-dd minis to go on that boardgame.

Then, the Eisenkern APC. Now thąt was a joy to build. Way more intricate than GW models and more akin to the military modeling kits of old. Loads of moving parts as well. Turrets move and extend, all hatches open, there's even an engine under the bonnet!
    Oh, the windows look a wit weird as they have a coat of liquid mask on them to protect them from painting.

And last but not least, a squad of Primaris Reavers and a captain, and a 10-man Tartaros Terminator squad. half GW, half Forgeworld. The white shoulder bits on the GW ones are from shapeways and have a 3D BA symbol on them. I actually had enough to give the Forgeworld ones some as well, but then I assume they would never be able to be selected for the FW website anymore as they have recently have removed the photos of my Spartan which had the metal replacement tracks... :-/

Anyways, I'm back in the saddle and boy I sure have some catching up to do by reading the threads from you folks. Cheers!

Brother-Captain

Alrighty, some stuff got done!

The Storm Talon is done! Unwrapped the cockpit after weathering and varnish, and tadaaa. Still an ugly ducking, but better than the original I think.

The Leviathan Dread also went through the weathering and varnish. I though I was finished and it just dawned upon me that the base is still missing... dagnabbit!

Some other stuff in the pipeline. The humble beginnings of my non-GW Imperial Guard detachment, possible with a non-GW Sisters-Of-Battle detachment.

I still have to come up with a colour scheme, lol. I narrowed down the choices to either an olive drab or a WW2 Wehrmacht grey... I wonder what would look best on that APC? I'm slowly starting to lean towards the olive drab but I'm curious about your thoughts...
    And to whet you appetite, yesterday I took all that I have so far of the non-GW stuff and laid it out on the table. It's already quite a bit, and I still have two Kickstarters incoming, well, three to be exact.
    I put the photos in an imgur gallery so I don't clutter the thread too much.

[url]https://imgur.com/a/kShJlz1[/url]

Depending on how it goes, I might even add some GW tanks or APC's as well. Oh, which reminds me, I still have a GW superheavy in a box somewhere... Time for an archeologic expedition under my painting desk!

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071