BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 40K Trolls

Default 40K Trolls

What do you guys...and girls, think about 40K trolls? You know the guys that are every website griping about and knocking every list and new codex. They never have anything good to say about anything. It seems that nothing is as good as their "special" lists. They never show up at any cons or tourneys and if they do, they don't win, usually because some one cheated or their were politics involved. You know "That Guy" and there are several of them. So,what is your opinion of the 40K troll?
    http://crazyredpraetorian.blogspot.com/
    http://theflylordsofterra.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

I can't say I know anyone who likes them. The unfortunate reality is that they'll always be around... lurking under bridges and what-not.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Librarian

Default Tongue in Cheek

I thought Trolls were in Warhammer Fantasy Battles?

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, my personal feelings toward trolls of any kind (bar ogryns ) are . . . well, normally violent Can't stand them, they ruin everything for everyone . . .
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Veteran-Sergeant

you know there are funny trolls, too.

like telling your opponent with a straight face that your librarian has a 2+ invulnerable because "the emperor protects" or trying to convince him that your terminators are so badass they have a 1+ armor save.

these are simple, harmless trolls.

you can also step it up a notch and record fake conversations with GW staff over rules arguments ("yes, your drop pods will never scatter!), or forge emails from the roolzboys. acting on these trolls is up to the player. i usually just do it for the reaction, and quickly reneg my claim.

other good trolls are marines in pink armor, bolters with periscopes on bases, using dice that light up, fielding bases instead of models, etc.

your imagination can take their anger anywhere!
    *reading rainbow music*

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    you know there are funny trolls, too.

like telling your opponent with a straight face that your librarian has a 2+ invulnerable because "the emperor protects" or trying to convince him that your terminators are so badass they have a 1+ armor save.

these are simple, harmless trolls.

you can also step it up a notch and record fake conversations with GW staff over rules arguments ("yes, your drop pods will never scatter!), or forge emails from the roolzboys. acting on these trolls is up to the player. i usually just do it for the reaction, and quickly reneg my claim.

other good trolls are marines in pink armor, bolters with periscopes on bases, using dice that light up, fielding bases instead of models, etc.

your imagination can take their anger anywhere!
    *reading rainbow music*
    It may just be the alcohol talking, but that's damn funny.

Firefox + drunk posting FTW... In line spell check rulz!

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    I thought Trolls were in Warhammer Fantasy Battles?
    LOL.
    At first, I thought this might be a weird News/Rumors thing, from the title.

Librarian

Well, after two of browsing CE on Gamefaqs, I have learned some anti-troll tricks:

1. Reverse Troll - identify the troll's weakness and attack it, i.e their favorite faction, list, unit, etc.
    2. Ignore - everytime they talk mentally replace their voice with something else, i.e a song, sound, joke, etc.
    3. Offensive/ Blitz tactic - now, this often will make you look like a jackass, but flaming/insulting/punching a troll can stop them.

And also, drunken posting and browsing online is fun as hell, to whomever posted it.

I've been out of 40k since 2nd Edition, pretty much. Back when I first started, hell, I didn't have a soundcard or CD-ROM drive, let alone internet access!

It's changed my perception of the game a lot having web communities. On the one hand it's utterly superb for rules checks, finding out about new stuff, and generally just nerding about. However I'm constantly reading tales of woe that 5th Ed. is broken, Tyranids are never going to win a battle, GW are going to go bust and are milking us for our money, etcetera etcetera.

I think there's too many moaners

OT: Why do people think Tyranids are so crap in 5th Ed.? My gaming buddies and I are hardly pros, but I've won my last 4 games with a 'nid army. What are there major weaknesses in the current rules? Maybe it's just my immense skill (!) but I can't see they're that unbalanced.

Chaplain

I believe you are referring to the entire Warseer community.

It seems that over there, all anyone does is talk about how terrible, unbalanced, unplayable, and idiotically designed the game is.

www.evildice40k.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast