BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40K Trolls

Chaplain

Hate to ask the obvious question then but... why do they play it?

Veteran-Sergeant

I wouldnt normally comment on a topic like this, as it is in a sense, considered "Trolling".

My favourite "worst kind of troll" are those that played the game back in the day, yet still lurk in the forums and let everyone know what they think, gernally (but not limited to) those that beat on about how great 2nd ed or Rogue Trader were, or yell bring back Squats (they're DEAD Jim), or insist on correcting peoples opinions rather than stay on topic.

Yeah, tongue in cheek! Game on, Trolls add nothing to a community such as this one and unfortunately Ive found discomfort in some forums. I generally just float around and check out the hobby sections and try and give encouragement or at least a different way of thinking.
    Last edited by Abominable Plague Marine; 08-27-2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Edit: Trolling for spelling/gramma mistakes!

Battle-Brother

boo trolls yay beer

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan He'stan View Post
    boo trolls yay beer
    Someone give this man a medal, smartest thing ive heard anyone say in a long time!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorEternalXIX View Post
    I believe you are referring to the entire Warseer community.
    *snickers* Too true.

Man, and here I was thinking that this thread was going to be talking about the possibility of Trolls (as in the creatures from Warhammer Fantasy) still existing in the 41st Millenium. I mean, they already have Ogres and Halflings in the form of Ogryns and Ratlings, so why not Trolls, too? Or Minotaurs...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknightIII View Post
    Someone give this man a medal, smartest thing ive heard anyone say in a long time!
    Seconded

Scout

I actually found this site due to Trolls. So, I guess all I can say is "thank you"!

I have not gone to two other site because the anti-GW hate has become the main source of posts. I actually tried to say something about all of the "Down with GW" hate, and was basically told that I was "closed minded" and "just as bad as a Troll", because I did not accept that not everyone likes GW. My response to them was, "Why are you posting on a GW themed site if you do not like them"? I never did get a response...
    Last edited by CaptainLoken; 09-01-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Battle-Brother

Trolls are everywhere. It doesn't matter in which fandom you look, there will be trolls trying to spoil it for everybody.

The best bit of advice one can give is: Do not feed the trolls.

Simply put; ignore them. They're going for attention. If you do not give it to them, they will get bored of the effort and move on.

Brother-Sergeant

Weren't the people who take your order from GW on the phone called trolls at some point?

Silly trolls rules are for kids....just very old kids who play with little war barbies.
    But Rules Trolls are the worst. they argue about stupid things and make the game un-fun. and not just on the internet. All it takes is someone reading a troll thread and taking it as gospel because they read it on the web and ruining your game at the FLGS. And Yes I miss terminators having a 3+ plus save on 2d6

Old Grey Knight

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast