BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default BoLS Readers Choice Awards 2010 - Plastic Miniatures

Please list your submission for best single plastic miniature produced during 2010 by either GW, Privateer, or Battlefront. Please only 1 entry. If you have a link to a photo of it, feel free to throw it in.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Difficult one...difficulty choosing between the new Nightspinner and the modular DE kits

Vote goes with the Wyches. Mucho convertability without any effort, easily interchangeable and superb detail.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Going simply on what I've bought most of:

Sanguinary guard, love those plastic wings.

Veteran-Sergeant

The Trygon kit, beautiful sculpt and often overlooked, great versatility.

(Though I may be wrong in thinking it was this year- if not my vote goes to the sanguinary guard.)
    Souls. Yum.

Chapter-Master

Raider/Ravager. I'll go with the Ravager.

1) You get soo many extra bits in this kit is amazing. Fully half the kit is extra bits, no joke.

2) As per the Raider, the design of the model 'makes sense'! It is a flying galleon with a 'working' sail and rudder. There is a control panel showing the driver working both the sail and rudder through controls. The Raider even has a Gang Plank like a real ship!

3) The side gunners on the Ravagers are extremely believable in both function and how they are mounted to the Ravager.

4) All this, and it is a very simple kit to piece together!

40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

Hmm. Would you class the plastic warjacks for Warmahordes as resin or plastic? It's certainly a bit different.

Otherwise, lemme see...
    - Any plastic box for the Dark Eldar release. God how I love them.
    - Sanguinary Guard without Death Masks and/or the GW posing. I'm sorry, but I hate both of them.
    - Wargames Factory Greatcoat troopers. These satisfy my DK needs perfectly... for now. With the rumors of more kits coming soon, this is a fine kit.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    Hmm. Would you class the plastic warjacks for Warmahordes as resin or plastic?
    Sounds like you just answered that for yourself.

I'd like to nominate the plastic battleboxes for Warmachines - nothing says "easy to start playing" like half of your army right there.

Ork Dreadnought

A) we have waited so long for a Ork dread and the the marines having 3 plastic (4 if you include AOBR) dreads, us orks felt leftout with our solid metal lump.
    b) it is a lovely kit with the overall apperence of the dread tweaked slightly such as the change in legs.
    I really love the amount of bits you get, there are just so many arm options which means there are plently of bitz left over for the rest of your army (a good thing for orks!).

4) All this, and it is a very simple kit to piece together!
    not to rain on your parade but I built our store raider and it was a bit of a pain. The worst part is all the little spikes around the edge which have such as small amount of contact. The other thing is the thin poles which look great but not practical. (also why is the kit £30 and the raider £20? it only has 1 sprue more!(ok it is GW))
    it is a nice model but not very practical and is going to get broken when travelling and during game.
    A lovely model non the less but ouch! hope you look your tetanous jab!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Masterowen45 View Post
    not to rain on your parade but I built our store raider and it was a bit of a pain.
    That's fine! You still won't change my vote.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Captain

My vote is for the new plastic Daemon Prince Kit. Great price, lots of extra bits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast