BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

My vote for best plastic kit this year would be the new multi-part Witchfate Tor from GW. It's a terrific, versatile kit, quite large and full of good detail. It's flexible enough to use with roleplay games like D&D with it's removable floor sections as well as wargames like 40K and Fantasy battle. When I refereed RPGs years ago I dreamed of having model buildings like Witchfate Tor. It's usable with so many different game systems and kinds of games, it deserves some recognition.

My favorite new plastic kit from a personal standpoint is the new Daemon Prince. I've already had a lot of fun [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=12500016a"]converting that one[/URL] to a snake-bodied monster and have several more conversions planned.

Would you class the plastic warjacks for Warmahordes as resin or plastic?
    Everyone should realize that the resin used by model manufacturers IS plastic, it's just a different kind of plastic than the polystyrene used for most mass market model kits by GW, Revell, Testors, Tamiya, etc. The resin is usually polyurethane. Both are polymers and are plastics.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 12-15-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard

A lot of bling

Librarian

I was going to go with the new Raider/Ravager kit(s) (I consider them essentially identical, though I'll go with the Ravager for the extra sprue).

HOWEVER, thinking about that made me realize what the best new plastic model released this year is.

Gentlemen, behold:

the new flying base

This new design has 100% sold the entire FLGS on future skimmer designs from GW, and was a huge positive in the new Dark Eldar kits.

We can debate the positives of all the amazing new minis released this year, but the GW rounded flying base is probably going to have the biggest single impact on future designs and conversions at many, many stores. The ability to dynamically pose your skimmers without wires or convoluted base design is no longer necessary.

I humbly nominate the new GW flying base as the most important and most well-received new plastic model kit of 2010.

Isn't the plastic venerable dreadnought a 2010 release? If so it definitely deserves a nomination - it's an awesome kit, lots of detail, lots of options, great looks.

Brother-Sergeant

The Plastic Juggernauts, I just love all things Khorne and after converting a bunch of metal ones, these guys are great. Other than the weight of the models, you really can't tell the difference between them.

Plastic Bloodcrushers kit

Banned

Wyches - so many bitz and with a huge variety and compatabity with the other kits.

GW Killa Kans

Awesome kit, simply awesome!

This is really tough. IoB was an amazing set... But I have to put my vote in for the Wyches... I could not get over how life like they were. Something just popped with them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast