BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default BoLS Readers Choice Awards 2010 - Rulebook/Army Book

Please list your submission for best single rulebook, or army-campaign book produced during 2010 by either GW, Privateer, or Battlefront. Please only 1 entry. If you have a link to a photo of it, feel free to throw it in.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Photo of a rules book? Really. I assume you mean codex in here as well

Dark Eldar

For being one of the most balenced codexs with nearly every unit being viable, and multiple flexibles build. In addition to having some of the best fluff in a GW codex in a long time...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Yep, I'll go ahead and second Dark Eldar as well.

Warhammmer Fantasy Battle 8th edition.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

Codex: Dark Eldar

1) Not following past trends, the Dark Eldar codex is beautifully balanced. There are no 'cheese' units that crutch players with less skill with winning.

2) The aesthetics of the fluff translates into the rules perfectly without much, if any. meta game feel to the rules.

3) It is probably the ONLY codex ever written where every.single.unit. is viable, usable and useful. Even Succubi are good at lower point games. Mandrakes? Hidden power of the codex many will gloss over for Trueborn.

4) There isn't a feeling over poweredness at all. You need to use the entire army as a well oiled machine to win. You cannot rely on mass Feel No Pain or AV 12 Vehicles to help you win.

5) The Dark Eldar codex is the connoisseur's army in 40k without doubt.

6) The Art Work is new, the fluff is new, the layout of the book is beautifully done and perfect. Rules are located in the correct areas of the book. There is even a section in the back of the book helping out new dark eldar players with the army because the editors/authors knew the army would be hard to use.

7) For the first time in years, a codex is made with a cover that doesn't suck!

Last edited by BuFFo; 12-15-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

Codex Squats.

Because good codex build is no match for good humor... right?
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

8th Edition Warhammer rulebook

It is a really well rounded book with the magic phase completely changed for the better. I love the charging now which if not planned correctly can leave you in the open. The overall layout of the book (its Huge!) is fantastic and the new Lores of magic along with items are balenced (apart from some of the scrolls) and just funny such as the wizards hat, folding fortress, flying carpet and pigion plucking pendant!

Brother-Captain

My vote is for Warmachine Prime: MkII.

A tight, polished ruleset with a public beta test. I wish other game companies would copy the way PP updates their rule set.

The Dark Mechanic

Warhammer Fantasy Battle 8th Edition. It's fun and exciting and full of massive hobby goodness.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Sergeant

WHFB 8th edition. Every page is beautiful, full color, and (a very underrated quality) high quality paper. I didn't play Fantasy before 8th came out and I was considering starting a 2nd 40k army, when I casually flipped through a copy at my FLGS. After that, it had to be mine. Hands down the best produced game book across any game system I have ever played, ever.
    Why is it the bad guys are always more interesting?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast