With a second nomination going to Blitzkrieg

Battle-Brother

Default best book

Dark Eldar Codex

Chaplain

Codex: Dark Eldar

Thankfully I have not to type the "why" - Buffo has it already done:

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post

1) Not following past trends, the Dark Eldar codex is beautifully balanced. There are no 'cheese' units that crutch players with less skill with winning.

2) The aesthetics of the fluff translates into the rules perfectly without much, if any. meta game feel to the rules.

3) It is probably the ONLY codex ever written where every.single.unit. is viable, usable and useful. Even Succubi are good at lower point games. Mandrakes? Hidden power of the codex many will gloss over for Trueborn.

4) There isn't a feeling over poweredness at all. You need to use the entire army as a well oiled machine to win. You cannot rely on mass Feel No Pain or AV 12 Vehicles to help you win.

5) The Dark Eldar codex is the connoisseur's army in 40k without doubt.

6) The Art Work is new, the fluff is new, the layout of the book is beautifully done and perfect. Rules are located in the correct areas of the book. There is even a section in the back of the book helping out new dark eldar players with the army because the editors/authors knew the army would be hard to use.

7) For the first time in years, a codex is made with a cover that doesn't suck!
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Warmachine/Hordes Mk II

I would like to vote against 8th edition fantasy, if that's possible.

I dont quite get what exctly we are to rate here.

If it is the physical quality of the book, story and artwork I'd have to give my vote to IA: The Badab War I
    If special editions are allowed I'd vote for Fantasy 8the Edition Collectors Edition (awesome tomb!)

If it is also about the rules my vote goes to Codex: Dark Eldar even tho it is the smallest of them all.

Chaplain

WARHAMMER 8ED

havent read CE yet but will soon, flicked through it and not enough pictures for my liking

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Codex: Dark Eldar - I have never been this excited about fielding an army before, cannot wait until my miniatures are ready to put these incredible rules into action.

First-Captain

Warmachine Prime MkII

No other rules publication was done so well, and took into consideration the feedback from the entire player base as did Mk II.

Though the DE codex is very spiffy, I'll grant you that.

Das Book for Flames of War

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast