BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Commander Dante with VV

My question is, if Dante is attached to a VV Squad and they deepstrike together can they still perform Heroic Intervention with him attached?

Chapter-Master

No -it specifically mentions that the squad loses HI when an IC joins them - which sucks because I'd love to attach a Sang Priest to them. Instead you have to be good with your deepstrike rolls to get them within 6"

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    ... which sucks because I'd love to attach a Sang Priest to them.
    Just be REALLY daring and drop an ASM w/ Priest right next to the VV. Given the randomness of the arrow point, you shouldn't scatter onto the VV every time.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomdude View Post
    Just be REALLY daring and drop an ASM w/ Priest right next to the VV. Given the randomness of the arrow point, you shouldn't scatter onto the VV every time.
    Its ballsy to do - but the FAQ ruling actually helps a bunch in this regard - but if you drop down both squads, and then put the sang priest in the "circle" at the closest point to where the combat will be taking place, then you can then run in the shooting phase and get the model near to the combat. Its possible but you're right, gutsy.

Chapter-Master

Dante with sanguinary guard or honor guard is a good idea. You can have them land at point blank range and 'nuke' something, keeping a priest near the intended charge target for the vanguard vets.

Yeah, Dante's great with Sang Guard. He makes their Infernus Pistols viable, and their Chapter Banner turns him into a beast.

Chaplain

Ofcourse the safer way to get the VV to have FC is to have Astaroth in the army, this way they Red thirst much more easily.

Brother-Sergeant

dante with honor guard i think is better because it comes with a priest, can have melta guns, storm shields or wide varity of weapons and can also take a chapter banner. Then if you get lucky with your VV you can get FC. However the Sang guard models are freaking awesome I think I will just kit them out and run them as honor guard.