BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

We play a 40k drinking game now and then. It's a big free-for-all with as many people as we have. Everyone puts as much stuff on the table as they want.

Every time you lose a kill point, you take a shot. Don't put more units on the table than you can handle!

Every game, someone will put 11 KPs on the table, and of course we all gang up on that person to get them trashed. By turn 3 they are hiding their last fragments of units and praying that they roll well on their cover saves.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    We play a 40k drinking game now and then. ...Every time you lose a kill point, you take a shot
    Guess nobody plays Tyranids or Orks then!

We've played a 40k Drinking game. Once the table is set up and the Armies deployed, every time you finish a beer, you may place the can/bottle on the table. It counts as Impassable Terrain which cannot be destroyed.

The only limit, is your limit!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

On saturday I've had another hilarious situation. My grotesquen led by a haemoncoli are rocking house in a chaos space marine rhino fortress and everything is going well. then a chaos general steps in and *****slaps the haemoncoli with his slanesh deamon weapon. Without any further hussle the grotesquen roll a 1 for their psycho-check and go mental (2d6 s5 hits to every unit within 2d6 ").
    3 rhinos, 10 lesser deamons, 8 chaos space marines and a chaos lord were killed in the ensuing chaos of grotesquen bashing around and rhinos exploding.

I just said "now you know, why every damned soul in comouragh knows to leave the haemoncoli alone"

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    I was playing an Apocalypse game at my local GW store last year. Stompas and Baneblades had been destroyed, and the gamers hopes were dashed because only 1 super heavy actually blew up, and that was a small explosion. The rest had been just wrecked.

My Zarakynel Greater Daemon Lord of Slaanesh (Gargantuan Creature) had been causing a great deal of damage to the ork boyz, when Zogrot wanders over and puts a curse on my Daemon Lord. I rolled a 6 and the now poor unfortunate Squig, which the Ork player just happened to have on him runs or in this case hobbles over to the nearest rhino to hide out the game.

I am reminded of this every time the Ork player sees me, and he asks for a rematch.
    gargantuan creatures are immune to all psychic powers which do not posses a strenght value.
    that and Zara isnt even an IC so (s)he isnt beeing able to be targeted in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery.Shadow View Post
    Guess nobody plays Tyranids or Orks then!

We've played a 40k Drinking game. Once the table is set up and the Armies deployed, every time you finish a beer, you may place the can/bottle on the table. It counts as Impassable Terrain which cannot be destroyed.

The only limit, is your limit!
    another variation you and your opponent draw up an army list that your opponent must use.
    the potential to stuff each other up is just too funny.

to date the funniest game like this I've heard about was a warhammer fantasy with a ( last army book) skaven army where entire character allowance was spent on warlock engineer with all the warp lighting boosting war gear apart from the wargear item that gave them warp lightening.

dave l

Played in an Apoc game on Sunday. Friend of mine was running Chaos Wolves(Chaos and Space Wolves) In one turn his two units of Khorne Beserkers, Kharne, an wolf priest, and Logan Grimnar(kharne and grimnar were attached to a squad each, wolf priest with kharne) charged a Valkyrie, rhino with scouts inside, two bike squad of attack bikes, and a venerable dreadnaught. Three beserkers did a cheerleading basket toss(two tossers, one flyer) and knock it out of the sky, rhino with scouts is surrounded and wrecked, opponent tries to emergency disembark but cant fit any outside an inch of the beserkers and they die, Kharne hits dreadnaught all 7 times, penetrates 6, and after rerolls(venerable dread), Kharne has ripped the dread in half and logan never got his chance. As for the attack bikes, I don't remember what happened to them, though I don't think they lived.

Same game, my flickerfields flickered better than ever. In one turn I took atleast 15-20 flickerfield saves and failed 2. Also after blowing off the main gun to a bane blade, my teammate's fire prism linked and focus fired, the bane blade had two structure points left. We were confident that the fire prism would take off one structure point and my final bike that was fleeing but within melta range on the bane blade would finish it off hopefully. The fire prism shot had precision aim and the shot flew into the smoking remains of the bane blades main barrel, got two chain reaction results in a row and then an apocalyptic explosion of 11 inches. Not only did my bike die, but also whole squads of genestealers, honor guards, and a few leman russes were incinerated. We now know who fires the weapon systems of that fire prism, "Rebel Base Intercom Voice: "His computer's off. Luke, you switched off your targeting computer. What's wrong?" Luke: "Nothing. I'm all right."

Had an Ork player tell me I was crazy to field Howling Banshees against him. My Banshees and Farseer proceed to slaughter his warboss and meganob bodyguard in one round of combat without any casualties. I thought that was rather hilarious.

Wrote a[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/blog.php?b=78"] story[/URL] about it to immortalise the moment.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Had a full unit of Vanguard deep strike straight into assault with 2 broadsides and their 4 shield drones. Figured i was pretty screwed.

That combat went on for 3 whole turns, with me winning combat 5 of those times, drawing only once...lost a single drone through the entire thing and killed the entire enemy unit. The broadsides, despite 4 S5 attacks a turn only killed one. The drones headbutted the rest to death with their one attack. Hit and wounded with nearly all of them.

That squad now goes into battle under the monika "Frisbees of Death"
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

I've got three, all against the same guy:

1. My friend had a unit of Celestians with a Cannoness and Vulkan in a LR. I blew up the LR with a Landspeeder MM. Seven Celestians were wounded and failed their armor saves. I killed the rest rapid firing with a unit of GH. Next, a missile from Longfangs got through Spirit of the Martyr and instakilled the Cannononess. In the end, he had Vulkan left with one wound after what amounted to very little shooting.

2. That same game, I unloaded Arjac in the backfield. He had Telion, who hit twice and allocated to Arjac. He then rolled two 6s to rend, and Arjac failed both storm shield saves. Payback's a *****.

3. My favorite was in a three way game based on a mission we found online. Three commanders (with retinues) meet in the middle when something goes wrong with the parley and battle breaks out. I had the Deceiver. One friend had Abaddon and a unit of termies. The guy from the above story had Celestine and some Seraphim. Looks like a severe mismatch for the girls. Deceiver and Abaddon go toe-to-toe. Deceiver kills some termies and blows up, killing the rest. Celestine charges in alone and uses the initiative bonus power to go first. She does three wounds and kills Abaddon. Friend starts yelling, "I'm not a *****! I'm not a *****!" I'm in tears laughing...

One of my friends played Necrons every week and won constantly.

You know the saying "What Goes Around Comes Around"? Well it came around

He deployed his force pretty close together and was using the Night Bringer. His opponent had first turn and put every weapon he could into the Night Bringer. Night Bringer Explodes 6'' Hitting every unit in the Necron Aarmy.

My friend fails every cover save he can Take. On His turn 1 he checks for phase out and disappears off the table.

Game over on the Top of turn 1.

Totally hilarious!!!!

I was playing Aventine in a tournament and we were both at the top table for the last game.I was playing Foot Black templar and he was playing Eldar.

Aventine wins the roll to go first and moves his army around but he only has one shot on me with his wraithlord to my venerable dreadnought. He takes it and Pens. he rolls a 6 and I ask him to reroll and he gets another 6.

I thought that was annoying but he rolls the explosion results and gets another 6 and hits Three squads with the blast. One had my marshell and another had my emperors champion. I lost a model in each squad and rolled leadership checks for each squad on ld 10. I failed three test and ran off the table because it was the first turn and I didn't even get a chance to go yet.

I just shaked Aventine hand and went its all yours. His one wraithlord kill a over 1000 points with one shot. I was dumbfounded that whole game.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast