BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Maybe the Inquisition is coming back in full force! Think outside the box!

"Everything we have been told is a lie"? There is no Mystery Box?! ;

Looking at the information crawling it's way through the grapevine, GW seems have developed a notion of enhancing their "web presence": a "Rumour Section" on their own site, a paid inhouse blogger...

What they seem to overlook is that their most vital online calling card is the company website:
    Who cares that they have a rumour section or pet blogger if you can't find either in their unnavigable, slow mess of a website?
    The salary paid to the pet blogger should go to an capable, sensible webdesigner.

But yeah, the "you'll see it when we release it" window of information they have now could do with some stretching...

Scout

@ dosadi: Did the back of the shirt have "...until you can pre-order it."?

Interesting, it'd be a cool concept. I'm digging the WD archive (hoping for more substance in the future) and the daily update is a nice time killer to have at work (in addition to BoLS and TGN). I'm 300% behind this idea!

Librarian

Huh, interesting. I hope it's either an Inquisition release or redesigning the site into an actually useable and fast site like it once was.

I'm pretty sure the backs of those shirts say "Only the Emperor knows the truth" followed by either an aquila or the URL.

Chaplain

I have a very hard time believing there will be any type of "relaunch", but I heard that GW is going to try and do news and preview articles on their site as well as a podcast in the works.

The Dark Mechanic

Default Black T-shirts

I've seen the T-shirt in question. If you look at the back of the shirt it says something about "the true voice of the Emperor". Recently I've heard that there will be regular pod casts from the GW Design Studio and I suspect that these T-shirts with their provocative language on the front and back may be a promotion for those pod casts and the GW website.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Battle-Brother

knowing GW i wouldn't expect anything to change regardless of hype or money spent. Just know that they will be doing a price hike to pay for it all.

I am glad that the company is doing good and would like to see a website like the old one with interesting articles and not the ,,in your face" marketing thing as it is now...(n)

GW doing podcasts should be entertaining for a while. But they're too corporate for their own good and the podcasts will simply be aural versions of white dwarf where everything is cool and a must buy. I'd bet the podcast is meant to fight the nefarious influence of 40k radio. Imagine the gall of those 40k people suggesting that $9 for a copy of white dwarf is a rip off.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast