BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

That would imply GW would have some type of sense or someone on staff who had a udnerstanding of what web 2.0 is.

They don't even have a CTO or a IT director or anything at this current time. I just can't see them getting anything off the ground or leveraging technology to their benefit.

Battle-Brother

Well it IS based on the re-launch of their website. I'm hoping they are going back to their own template... but for that we will need too much faith in them.

And what's with these ads of CGI girls with big... cleavage advertising a Medieval wargame?

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by Erazoender View Post
    what's with these ads of CGI girls
    Just another game company "leveraging web 2.0".

Playa

Scout

Well, there are already quite a few rumors out there about certain websites already being in the pockets, so to speak, of GW...

Less enitre websites and more like 1 paticular person at HQ whos job it is to post rumors of stuff coming out......

Posting a roadmap 12 months out might seem like a way to build excitement, but in business terms, its not concrete. Once they say 'we're doing this in 12 months', the first time they had to adjust that schedule, all the internet pundits would raise hell. The three month window that they currently use is probably much easier to control. Once you hit the three month mark, your products are ready to go, nothing is going to come up and derail a release.

Veteran-Sergeant

Exclamation

I have to ask, where did the relaunch of the site rumour come from?
    This actually sounds like business accumen of the highest order, so naturally I am suspicious..
    Would it herald an adjustment from "Welcome to Games [BUY STUFF! BUY STUFF!] Workshop" to an actual nice, hobby-listing site?
    Or is it basically gonna be the same with podcasts?
    There a date for this miracle planned?

Librarian

I was told that it was not only the relaunch of a rumors section, but of forums as well. But, hey, who knows, right? Everything we've been told was a lie.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah Stevo View Post
    knowing GW i wouldn't expect anything to change regardless of hype or money spent. Just know that they will be doing a price hike to pay for it all.
    I don't think we'll see another price hike for some time, at least I hope not anyway. They've done two back to back I think a third even within a years time would cause a major out cry.

One thing that I do appreciate is being able to actually see that the money I give them is being reinvested into the company, so to speak. I think they're doing a great job with the web site and product releases (less the blastscape). I like the new blog they're doing, thus far it's not been just another means of advertising, and the idea of a GW podcast sounds nice, again, as long as it doesn't digress into a means of advertising.

I'll tell you one of the main reasons why I feel a GW podcast would be great. If they discuss rules ambiguity it can end up working like a verbal FAQ.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oni View Post
    I don't think we'll see another price hike for some time, at least I hope not anyway. They've done two back to back I think a third even within a years time would cause a major out cry.

One thing that I do appreciate is being able to actually see that the money I give them is being reinvested into the company, so to speak. I think they're doing a great job with the web site and product releases (less the blastscape). I like the new blog they're doing, thus far it's not been just another means of advertising, and the idea of a GW podcast sounds nice, again, as long as it doesn't digress into a means of advertising.

I'll tell you one of the main reasons why I feel a GW podcast would be great. If they discuss rules ambiguity it can end up working like a verbal FAQ.
    There will be one in the UK by the end of the year as the VAT that was removed will go back on, not a massive rise on most items, but a rise nevertheless

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast