BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Can't wait till mine gets here, was really hoping for today.

Thank goodness mine just arrived

My pre order came yesterday. Looking forward to playing, but I was a little put out by the fact that the sand timer had been broken in half and the inside of the box was full of loose sand, plus one of the Genestealers had an arm broken off and another had some talons snapped off.

In the grand scheme, it's not a big deal, sand timers are easy enough to come by, and I can put the genestealers back together well enough that you shouldn't be able to tell by the time they're painted, but for a $100 box, I really would have expected better care to be taken in the packaging.

I remember the first Space Hulk game and how exciting it was to open that box and assemble the Genestealers and Terminators.
    I'm thinking about purchasing this version and share it with nephews and nieces. Besides, those new Terminators are gorgeous.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by gserhar View Post
    My pre order came yesterday. Looking forward to playing, but I was a little put out by the fact that the sand timer had been broken in half and the inside of the box was full of loose sand, plus one of the Genestealers had an arm broken off and another had some talons snapped off.

In the grand scheme, it's not a big deal, sand timers are easy enough to come by, and I can put the genestealers back together well enough that you shouldn't be able to tell by the time they're painted, but for a $100 box, I really would have expected better care to be taken in the packaging.
    My only complaint about the game, and this is very minor, is that the miniatures require a pair of cutters and some knife work to dislodge from the sprue. Considering I have the tools necessary, it was no big deal to me, but a newcommer to the hobby who wants to use Space Hulk as a launching platform into 40K (as so many of us did with the first edition), it is a little inconvenient. I particularly loved the inclusion of the zip top baggies.

Later

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by 01271 View Post
    I too have felt the box; I'm not going to buy it though but you can play it in some stores which is good enough for me.
    At the moment yes, but I know my local gaming store is putting it away as soon as they sell out, admittedly they don't have much room in the store, but once they've sold out they're not going to use space for Space Hulk when they can use it for other systems that will get people buying stuff.

As for my copy, just waiting on it to be delivered to the store, having seen the number of people getting it this early I should have had it sent home >_>
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

Scout

I would love a copy of Space Hulk but at this stage I just can't justify the $165 AUS. GW are going to make a fortune of this limited release.

well i dont think hawaii is gonna get our full shipment.. i think we have atleast 30-40 ppl who reserved.. but i think we only gona get 15.. maybe 20 in... *Sigh*

Chaplain

GW reported on their website yesterday that all advance orders have shipped and that all available boxes have been allocated to hobby centers and retailers. If you want one you have to go find it. Note: This only mentioned the UK.

"This morning we emptied the UK warehouse of English language copies of Space Hulk. All the copies that haven't been advance ordered have just rolled past the window in lorries bound for Games Workshop Hobby Centres and Independent Stockists around the UK. That means the only way you can get a copy of Space Hulk is to be at your local Games Workshop this Saturday morning."

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidice View Post
    Title says it all, manager at my local GW store found out today that 75% of all the space hulk sets have been sold/pre-ordered. He believes that they will be sold out before it is officaly released. So, if your one of those people on the fence, you better make your decision quick.
    I know my local store has sold lots of copies, however I'm personally not going to believe that they are close to selling out until I see it. A large portion of the marketing strategy is to get people to buy it right away, and if you can convince them that it may be gone then you can help complete the sale. I'm sure they tried to calculate how many copies they could sell quickly in order to get a cash injection this quarter, however these numbers can be widely off base.

All that said, I bought mine as soon as my local store had it available. I played 1st edition Space Hulk, and loved it back then.
    Check my blog: itslikewatchingpaintdry.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast