BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jetbike Turboboosting

Hey everyone, I've got a quick question about jetbikes. All the pieces are there, I'm just trying to decipher them.

Can jetbikes land in difficult terrain during a turboboost move?

According to the turboboost rule, when turboboosting, bikes cannot move through difficult terrain (as well as a few other things).

According to the jetbike rules, jetbikes can move over all terrain freely, and when ending their move in difficult terrain they take a dangerous terrain test.

So, the question is, can you "end" your move in terrain, while still not moving "through" terrain?

Brother-Sergeant

going on RAI, i'd think not. in turboboosting, you're putting everything you have into moving as far and as fast as you can go, and i can't think you'd want to chance hurling into a concrete pillar at nearly the speed of sound. RAW might be another story, though.
    Life becomes so much more tolerable when you finally admit that it's all part of Tzeentch's plan.

Librarian

It says it right there in your post. Jetbikes may move through all terrain freely. They don't have the "no terrain" rules that ground-based bikes do.

Librarian

Although they can move though (over)terrain, if they start or end their movement in terrain they have to take a Dangerous terrain test.
    Tubro-boosting does not allow you to move though terrain.
    By ending your move in terrain you would be breaking the turbo-boost rules.

Librarian

On the turn you turbo boost with Jet Bikes, they can go "over" terrain, as they actually do not enter it. As long as you do not start from or end up in difficult terrain. Also you must travel in a straight line, move a minimum of 18" from your start point and can not fire weapons, or assault during the turn in which you turbo boosted.

The 3+ cover save should be better than a 4+ cover save from being in difficult / area terrain.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    On the turn you turbo boost with Jet Bikes, they can go "over" terrain, as they actually do not enter it. As long as you do not start from or end up in difficult terrain. Also you must travel in a straight line, move a minimum of 18" from your start point and can not fire weapons, or assault during the turn in which you turbo boosted.

The 3+ cover save should be better than a 4+ cover save from being in difficult / area terrain.
    You don't have to move in a straight line... just that the 18 inch minimum point is measured from start to finish as a straight line for minimum purposes (meaning you can't do donuts in place to count as turbo boosting to achieve the bonus, but not actually have moved anywhere substantial) You can still curve your path, but it has to be around terrain. If you move 24, but 6 inches of that was around a piece of terrain, then you are good to go, as long as point A and point B are at least 18 inches from one another.

Chapter-Master

And you don't have to actually move a minimum of 18", either. You just don't get a cover save if you move less than 18".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So, turboboosting jetbikes can not end their move in terrain?

Daemonette, I'm not asking because I want to get a cover save from being in area terrain, I'm asking because I want to be able to access certain areas of the board (objectives, for instance) or use certain rules that need me to go to a specific area (Bladevanes for Dark Eldar Reavers).

Chaplain

I Would say no they cant end there turn in terain i say this as even tho they are ending there turn there they are still moving through it it the movement phase so as per the turbo boost rule, no go

Chapter-Master

Can't start or end in terrain, no. Jetbikes, however, do ignore intervening terrain, so as long as your start and end points are not in terrain you can move everywhere. Regular bikes can't hop over terrain, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast