BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Devildog melta cannon

How am i supposed to treat the "melta" rule with a melta blast?

2D6 if <12" before scatter? after scatter? not with the blast center at all?

and does the blast hit the side that is front to the shooter? or the top? (count as side)

what i have read tend to be 12" before the scatter for 2D6 and it hits the side facing the shooter as long as the center of the blast is on the hull. If if scatter a little off then S4+xD6.

Am i right?

Thank you!

Chapter-Master

Check the FAQ. If they don't answer the question, then I'd go with this: Is the tank itself within melta range? If yes, then you get 2d6. If no, then you don't.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

What most people do is measure distance between gun barrel and either point of contact enemy vehicle hull or center of hole after scatter, assuming a hit of some sort.

As to what i know it hasnt been faqed by GW and the options Vak gives are, in my opinion, either very good or very bad...

What do you think of the inat faq?

Veteran-Sergeant

My understanding from previous rules discussions on this: You check melta range to the center hole after it scatters. This makes sense to me, after I mulled over it a bit.
    I could, however, see an argument that if you get a full Strength hit, you measure to the vehicle's hull. That would definitely be in house rule zone, however.

The facing it hits depends on if the center hole is over the vehicle. If it is, it his whatever facing the Devildog is in. If it scatters partially off, then it hits the Armor Value that faces the center of the blast. Not sure what page, but there's a section called "Blast Markers Against Vehicles".

Veteran-Sergeant

You measure from the tanks barrel to the center of the template after you roll scatter (assuming a hit).

Quote Originally Posted by theHman View Post
    You measure from the tanks barrel to the center of the template after you roll scatter (assuming a hit).
    Agreed.

With all blast weapons, you measure range to the center of the blast to determine where you can place the blast. It stands to reason that you should measure after the scatter to see if melta takes effect. If you manage to scatter 9 inches back onto another tank, I don't see how you could get the melta effect.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElCheezus View Post
    That would definitely be in house rule zone, however.
    All of this is in house rule zone. Nowhere that I know of does it actually describe how to handle this in the BRB.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    All of this is in house rule zone. Nowhere that I know of does it actually describe how to handle this in the BRB.
    It's near the back, where it clarifies everything. At least it is in my Super Awesome and Complete Edition. Don't you have that one too?

Sent an email to GW this morning and they answered me that the melta part is taken into account AFTER the scatter.

So case closed.

Thanks alot to everybody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast