BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

For those of us that received 2 copies of Disk 2.

I was able to get another e-mail address from Games Workshop
    try [email][email protected][/email].

I just sent an e-mail and put a read receipt on it. I have sent numerous emails since Christmas day and have had no response nor any read receipts come back.

...am starting to get a little pissed off

Veteran-Sergeant

i was going to get it legit but looks like im going to get it the "other" way if people are getting screwed.
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

Scout

I've sent complaints to all email addresses I can find assocaited with the film. Weeks have gone by. No reply. Nothing. So I am contesting this with the credit card company. The only thing left to do.
    Which is too bad, as I bought the bloody thing just because I felt obliged to support the hobby and the film project.

Sorry about your problems guys. I almost would have rather have not gotten the item at all than to have it screwed up as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinStormfist View Post
    Sorry about your problems guys. I almost would have rather have not gotten the item at all than to have it screwed up as it is.
    Exactly!

And this is why I preferred to download it (as I'm a silly young university student who breaks the law five times a week by illegally downloading films).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Laodamia View Post
    Exactly!

And this is why I preferred to download it (as I'm a silly young university student who breaks the law five times a week by illegally downloading films).
    Do you walk into your LGS and pick miniatures off the shelf and walk out without paying for them too?

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Do you walk into your LGS and pick miniatures off the shelf and walk out without paying for them too?
    Uh, no (though this thought crossed my minds many times when I saw the price asked for just a small plastic tank or even smaller plastic soldiers).
    Considering the fact that the film was the first real feature film (if we except those pieces of rubbish on Lego or bionicle that do not even deserve the name "film") of Codex Picture, that most of its actors were virtually unknown to me and that it was the frst time W40K was adapted into a film, I just thought buying the dvd of this film was not a good idea.
    In fact, if I had bought this dvd, I would have watched the film one or two times before putting it in some dark and old place of my cupboard and forgeting I ever bought this dvd. Paying 25 quids for this final result sounds pretty harsh to me. I preferred to download it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Laodamia View Post
    Uh, no (though this thought crossed my minds many times when I saw the price asked for just a small plastic tank or even smaller plastic soldiers).
    Considering the fact that the film was the first real feature film (if we except those pieces of rubbish on Lego or bionicle that do not even deserve the name "film") of Codex Picture, that most of its actors were virtually unknown to me and that it was the frst time W40K was adapted into a film, I just thought buying the dvd of this film was not a good idea.
    In fact, if I had bought this dvd, I would have watched the film one or two times before putting it in some dark and old place of my cuppboard and forgeting I ever bought this dvd. Paying 25 quids for this final result sounds pretty harsh to me. I preferred to download it.
    You don't watch many movies, do you?

All of the lead roles for the 40k Movie were played by great actors, some, of which, have been in famous movies which date as far back as the 60's n' 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    You don't watch many movies, do you?

All of the lead roles for the 40k Movie were played by great actors, some, of which, have been in famous movies which date as far back as the 60's n' 70's.
    Truth be told, I don't really consider myself as a "cinephile". But still, I stick to my point of view that the casting of Ultramarines was not particularily remarkable.

According to me, the only great actors of this film were John Hurt and Terence Stamp (Sean Pertwee is also quite well known, but most of his last roles were complete failures, but this is only my point of view). What is left of the casting cannot really be described as "great actors". For some of them, I could not even find any form of information on the internet, so I really don't know where Martyn Pick found them.

If you tell me you heard of "Gary Martin" and "Christopher Finney" before Ultramarines the film, I will remove all my previous statements, but I seriously doubt anyone knew these two actors before watching this film.
    Last edited by Laodamia; 01-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.

hey !

Well, finally got around to seeing it .. i really appreciate any kind of endeavours that goes towards gettin' the hobby into a more mainstream media, oi oi to that! that aside,, there sure is a lot of walking around in this movie and seeing that they don't event talk whilst walking it gets boring quite fast,, also, the dialogue is not at all snappy enough which gives the movie a quite unreal feel to it, i mean the marines seems bored to the point of apathy! and, why does that flamer guy keep firing his flamer all the time to produce light, it seems absurdly stupid!! i really really liked the parts of the movie wherein the marines moved around acrobatically,, jumping around in a power armour seems like great fun i have not read any of abnetts stuff but i think he captures the background feel of the universe quite nicely,, evidently abnett sucks at writing dialogue and the producers and directors should have tackled that problem once it became evident but alas they didn't... all in all i think they should have made the movie into a three part series of 30 minutes apiece since writer and movie crew quite obviously wasn't up to the task of pulling a full length version off. that aside,, make more 40k series/movies its absolutely fantastic seeing your hobby up on the big screen!!!

! : ?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast