BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well,greaters (not khorne) could be blocked with nice big block of macabred gguards long enough for the rest of the army to take their points back

well first of ill say that black nights 2 biggest addvantage are etherial movement and fear so making one big unit with out a vamp in it but with the bsb will be hard as nails to kill.

with the ghoulkin abbility your vamp is very fast any way so in a unit of nights might be a waste of 25 presious powers

i think a better idea is to give the vamp lord red fury inf. hatred walking death it means he can ealy cut down lots of troops as well as kill big things easaly. (rember the 2nd round of attacks can be agains new targets if hes not in a chalange and against monsterous mounts if he is). and will buff up the squad hes in

other easy swap outs are an extra attack with red fury. vamps are bace str5 so an extra attack will do better against n T3 blokes and most T4 ones as well.

with the points saved on the block nights id proly invest in bigger ghoul units as you mostlikely wont get alot of casting off for ghouls back. and id mostlikly try and get anouther corpsecart with bale fire in just becase the extra -1 makes a much bigger impact on how many dice you need for spells. also a scrole or tow wouldent be a bad thing.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks for the tips Necro in this thread and the other one! I've done more toying around since I posted this and I'll do more tweaking and post something up later today

So you recommend big Black Knights? How big? I thought of a list with 2 Wight Kings in a one big Black Knight unit (one as BSB and the other Sword of Kings and Nightshroud) and I really want to fit in Blood Knights because they look awesome! I know they're a liability especially to novice players to the army or WFB (worse!) and you really need to use wolves to keep them at bay, which then kicks up their 'premium' so to speak. A Vargulf is a better buy for the points with Cairn Wraiths with Banshee. Oh and I really should have Grave Guard somewhere, put points points points! LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12