BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Arrow Mecha battlegames

hey all, was wondering if yous knew of any mecha based 25mm or 40mm wargames out there??? cant seem to find any "true" japanese style mecha one

thanks

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Librarian

Buy a ****-ton of Capellan Confederation or Draconis Combine Japanese/Chinese style mechs like the Hatamoto-Chi or No-Dachi. :P Closest thing I can think of.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

When in doubt, go CBT. You can have giant mecha fighting A-10 Warthogs armed with laser cannons on the surface of a volcanic wasteland. If you can find decent mecha models somewhere (maybe Heavy Gear Blitz) you could then use Battletech's rules for custom vehicle design to create profiles for them and use the game's rules as-is.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Librarian

There was a game system that you might be able to get still. 1/400 scale Gundam (how much more japanese can you get). I remember the Hobbyco store had a lot of boxes for the miniatures. They are about 150% the size of Classic Battletech Miniatures, and they even had a downloadable ruleset which I saw ages ago when surfing the net.

I personally prefer Classic Batletech, and on the 15th Jan 2011, my mates and I are starting our 4th campaign with our current set of characters. Unfortunately it is set at the beginning of the WOB jihad, and our GM has warned us that the dreaded 52nd shadow division with pops its nasty head out and it wil include "manae domini" trrops.

Check out the Gundam range, it might be what you are looking for.

Librarian

If you want 25m to 50mm scale check out Ralpartha Europe make 4 mechs in museum scale. They are in metal not Resin like the Armorcast made ones, and should be in the same scale as their 35mm Elemental battle suit model.

As for rules for this game subset, You would have to search for them.

Librarian

I hate the Word of Blake. > Hate hate hate...how dare they kill all my favorite characters.
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Librarian

So do I, but my mate will probably be using a lot of the miniatures for the campaign from my own collection. I have a WOB/Comstar force that is 6 models (level2) short of a mixed regiment (level 4).

See pic below"
    [IMG][/IMG]

The column on the left is the WOB/Comstar force. The other colums in the picture are Lyran and Fedsuns forces.

I also have a very rare mech which is an unseen 200 ton mech. Originally used in Robotech as a Behemoth Destroid:
    [IMG][/IMG]

It should be a good series of games for the campaign but we expect to lose a few PCs along the way. We have upgraded a lot of our mechs with ECM suites, and jump jets to make the wobbies C3i network less potent, and have sold off or swapped most of the level 1 tech salvage and clan tech mechs and bought level 2 Innersphere mechs including omnis. For ease of maintenence, to cut down on the variety of repair parts. we are using 3 types of mech only. This is because we are also role playing the campaign between battles, and keeping our mechs and Battle Armour in working order by salvage/ canibalism of battlfield mech and vehicle losses is a lot easier that way.

Oh and as Porty suggested Heavy Gear is also an opton for mecha games as well. I forgot about that one.