BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Atleast they aren't talking about how to synergise their dynamics.
    Yeah, check out this statement from the wikipedia article on 'talking points':
    A political think tank will strategize the most effective informational attack on a target topic and launch talking points from media personalities to saturate discourse in order to frame a debate in their favor, standardizing the responses of sympathizers to their unique cause.

It actually does mean something, but I don't know if they could use a more obtuse way of saying it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Uthiliesh View Post
    You mean, 'escape goats'
    Unless I am missing something, I think you mean scapegoats.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoating[/url]

From Urban dictionary

"1. Escape Goat

A slang used by idiots who do not realize the term is scapegoat "

That being said, interesting article.

Hehe, yes Dagonis, its actually a callback to an earlier thread where someone did say 'escape goat' instead of scape goat. Farseer Uthiliesh was being amusing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Is Duke, in fact, Stringer Bell?
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

i used to think i had a vague idea of GWs buisness model?

now.. it seems that because a few buy models mr noob thinks hes makin monies and is a:

"supah-gangsta-leet-newbkillah-sexybeast-manager

-fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Hi all,
    I DID understand GW buisness model before it became a PLC.
    Produce a WIDE range of interesting and entertertaning games suitable for a wide demoghraphic.
    And if they are good, the people playing the games will buy your products and tell thier friends too.

Inspiring creativity and social intereaction in others often has the pleasant side effect of loyal customers who expand your customer base through word of mouth...

(AFAIK every other GOOD games company uses its games quality to promote sales in the open market.Thus rendering the need for owning its own stores unecissary. )

GW HAD to use a chain of B&M stores pre PLC becuase the internet was NOT the prime centre for trading it is now.

When everyone is selling stuff in shops , because there is no alternative , it doesnt make opening shops any thing other than enevitable it you want to expand your buisness.

However, after dismissing the internet as '...a passing fad...' GW plc decided to maximise profits from its B &M stores , by using them as a means to achive insular marketing.

And as GW products were sold in isolation , they wouldnt be compared to similar product in the open market, and so the extra costs involved in runnung the B&M stores could be covered by increased retail prices.
    Originaly this can be seen as a good thing...

But unfortunatley for GW the internet was not a ' passing fad'.

And relying on THE MOST EXPENCIVE way to increase market presence,(B&M stores) has just driven the overhead costs so high that the retial prices of the GW products in the shops have become increasingly restrictive.

And at the moment GW NEED to use B&M stores to sell thier products in isolation , becase they are SO much higher than the open market.
    And shutting the B&M stores would cut the ONLY reliable recruitment optionGW have left after activley distancing themselves from the vets and fan support...

(This is NOT retail staff but corperate interferance in game development and heavy handed IP enforcment.)

IMO moving the focus from '...inspiring game play, with clarity brevity and wit...' to '...selling toy soldiers to kiddies...'

Has reduced GWs target demoghraphic from ALL gamers 8 and over , to 10 to 16 yo boys who pass a B&M store...

I know many outside the 10 to 16 yo boy demographic enjoy playing WHFB and 40k.
    But GW is not targeting them directly.GW is relying on its size to maintain its popularity...rather than activley trying to grow its customer base.

TTFN

First-Captain

Duke--really liked the synopsis and evaluation of the statement.

It only serves to make me wonder how these people would survive in a truly competitive environment where they were not the established "top dogs" for a couple decades...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Hehe, yes Dagonis, its actually a callback to an earlier thread where someone did say 'escape goat' instead of scape goat. Farseer Uthiliesh was being amusing.
    Fair enough, no snark intended

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Is Duke, in fact, Stringer Bell?
    Why you lookin for an apartrment downtown? I got somethin real nice or ya.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

I'll stick to the 800 block
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast