BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Baron Spikey-- Nice post!

I agree hopes for the Salamanders & Raven Guard are just that: Hopes. I have to think we'll be at least seeing something involving Corax and the cloning he does as a result of the Dropsite Massacre.

Do we know when Kurze allows himself to be assassinated. When in the HH timeline does it occur?

Baron and Vaddokk-- So thoguhts on the Grey Knights? Think we'll get a full novel dealing with only them? I've yet to listen to Garro: Oath of Moment, so that would explain my not knowing this info! We've got a snow day today so I think i'll be listening today!

Mitey--- Agree about the unmentioned Legions. I have to imagine, by the end of this all, we'll know what happened to at least one, and I imagine at least one of them was wiped out by the Sons of Russ.

To all-- No Wolves on Fenris continues to be a great point of debate. Here's hoping we find out moer.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I had thought that the wolves on fenris weren't warp entities, but were infact mutated humans. Thoughts?
    That was my assumption as well. Perhaps early geneseed corruption or failures of the geneseed to take in some recruits

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    I've been particularly following references to the Two Deleted Legions. First Heretic and Prospero Burns both gave some pretty awesome hints in that direction...
    The hints about the missing legions were, for me, the best thing in the last two books. Lorgar being deeply upset by what happened to one or both of the legions and Magnus' sharply telling him to shut up when he starts to talk about it are both very cool and intruiging.

I had thought that the primarchs for at least one of the missing legions had been killed / failed within the birthing tube on Terra, I seem to remember one of the earlier books mentioning a crack in the case maybe as early as Horus Rising (or I could be imagining things, that happens...). If my memory isn't failing me perhaps this crack led to a greater than otherwise warp presence affecting that Primarch and the Emperor having to unleash the wolves on them, Leman Russ does say at the end of Prospero Burns that it's not the first or only time the Wolves have been used in that role.
    Cats and Dogs are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money and if they get pregnant you can sell their children.

Adeptus Custodes

I was at a reading given by Graham McNeill a few months ago: some of the things he said

1. His next book is a murder mystery set on earth amoungst astropaths and loyal traitors
    2. He wants to his next book about a traitor legion that aren't confused good guys but bad guys who like doing bad things- he mentioned Iron warriors here
    3. Its very unlikely Iron hands will get a book as they are basically dead after Istvaan (this can probably apply to sallys too)
    4. A-DB will probably do Night Lords
    5. Theres a lot about the middle of the heresy we don't know and that will be covered in detail and be shocking (possible links to Capser hausers questions about the age of strife here I dunno)
    6. What Dan Abnett has done with the wolves is amazing and very different to Bill King ( Prospero burns has already come out- decide for yourselves)

More Here [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=7587[/url]

Unrelated to all this- didn't the Blood angels appear briefly in fulgrim fighting those insect things and had to be rescued by the Emperors Children

wasn't there something about the lost legion swelling ultramarine numbers that was hunted at?

My understanding is it is after the heresy when Kurze allows himself to be assassinated.
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 01-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    More Necromunda please.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailkeeper View Post
    Unrelated to all this- didn't the Blood angels appear briefly in fulgrim fighting those insect things and had to be rescued by the Emperors Children
    You must be talking about the battle of One-Forty-Twenty, or Murder, against the Megarachnids (giant, half sentient spiders and insects, yerk!). An entire expeditionary fleet of BA and Emperor's Children being wipped out. The world was later cleansed by the 63rd, although they took some heavy losses fighting these monsters. However, it was too late for the 63rd to save anything as the bodies of the 140th SM were already being eaten by the megarachnids.

It's hard to say whether they will or not, I could definately see them getting more short stories as the series progresses but whether or not they get a novel really depends on whether you could make a story interesting enough to stretch it to one. For instance if they were to go and stem a chaos cult and daemonic incursion on Titan (later founding thier fortress monastary on the sight of thier first victory or something like that) while other elements of the foundling Inq. including the Sisters of Silence, the Assassin Clades and possibly the Custodes go out and take down Imperial Nobles and Army leaders that have sided with the traitors and plotted to open up a daemonic gateway like the Eye of Terror in the Segmentum Solar, that could make for an interesting novel.
    Same with the Custodes, there could be alot of intersting short stories made about them at the moment and they are definitly to play an important role in the siege of Terra, but I dont see any way a full novel could be written about them at this point in the game.
    Let's keep the illegal aliens and just deport the juggalos and emo kids.

Veteran-Sergeant

Mr Dembski-Bowden has stated an intention to do a series of Grey Knight books, maybe he'll link it somehow into their Founding post-Heresy? You know so we see the first steps towards Chapter 666's creation during the HH series and then it's expanded in the planned GK series.

I've never understood why the Iron Hands had basically no known roll in the Heresy after the Drop Site Massacre, it was their Primarch and Veteran Companies that were wiped out but that left most of the Legion intact...silly weepy robot-men.

We know that Swallow's next HH novel will be about Blood Angels on Signus Prime.

We know that Deliverance Lost will be written by Gav Thorpe.

We know that The Outcast Dead is about an astropath on Terra who have some very important info.... and there are some Marines from one of traitor legions whose loyalties are a bit unclear.

We know that Aaron Dembski-Bowden propably will write something about Night Lords and something about World Eaters.
    ‘I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor.’

Chapter-Master

Ugh.... Not gav Thorpe.

Adeptus Custodes

I know ADB is doing a meet 'n greet in GW Liffey St Dublin at the end of the month if any other Irish bols members wanna ask him HH related questions
    More Necromunda please.

The elephant in the room for the heresy series is the emperor himself. He's had a few lines in the more recent books, but we really know very little about him and his character.

Given that the final cataclysmic battle is between the emperor and horus (I don't think that counts as a spoiler ), I think the book of the last battle will be told in a time-skip/ flashback way (lost style) that has more scenes with horus and the emperor together before Horus' fall.

This could include scenes like where the emperor first discovers Horus, the battle for Ullanor and him handing over the title of Warmaster. Better still, I'd like them to provide some back story to Horus decision to turn against the emperor and some warning signs of the nature of his character.

Without this, there is going to be no emotional resonance to the final battle as horus and the emperor have barely met in the story so far and even then, its mostly third person re. Ullanor triumph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast