BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm still convinced it would look fine if the engine/wing mounts were placed more forword so they were hanging over the doors. (Like the valk.) Seems like it would not be a hard conversion.

I'd like to see one of these next to a thunder hawk. (Could one kit-bash two together to make a convincing conversion?)

Chaplain

Its Ugly, no its Fugly.
    Seriously i think when the Techmarines or Mechanicus designed this thing they hired a BigMek from Orkdom. Its kitbashed, stupid design and its really ugly. How is anything like a flying brick like that to be majestic, and actually aerodynamic??
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

I really really like this model!!!!! It looks so space marine! So hoping the Grey Knight codex works well with it as want to base my new GK's around multiple storm ravens.

Librarian

It's up for preorder on the GW site now. Slightly more expensive then a valkyrie.

Chapter-Master

The front end is still too lunch-boxy, and the back where the dread would be throws of the proportions a bit, and the front and top vents and turret shouldn't be there, but other than that it looks good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Default storm raven pic

Here's a size comparison with a land raider. I just put this thing together and I think its one of GWs better kits recently. I know some people were complaining that its boxy...... the only thing I can say to that is: its a marine vehicle of course its boxy. there are some more pics of it here: [url]http://thewarmastersrevenge.blogspot.com[/url]
    Last edited by arjuna1080; 01-19-2011 at 10:04 PM.

The Dark Mechanic

I just put this thing together and I think its one of GWs better kits recently. I know some people were complaining that its boxy...... the only thing I can say to that is: its a marine vehicle of course its boxy.
    I believe you are wiser than Master Yoda. I've been thinking the same thing myself. All the whining over this model is just ridiculous. It's not the coolest model ever from GW, but it's not terrible either. I ordered one today. If it's great fun once I've got it and there's a chance to slip one into more than one Marine army, I may get another if not more.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Yeah I liked this model from the first time I saw it I just couldnt understand all the criticism....
    I think this thing will really shine in apoc.... am expecting to see atleast 1 formation centered around it. In apoc the points cost wont be so prohibitive, the mobility is very desireable, and it will almost certainly be a flyer too....

Chapter-Master

We're not complaining that it's boxy, we're complaining that it looks stupid at certain angles. The reason it looks stupid is because it's too boxy, but they could have kept it boxy while making it look not-stupid from those angles.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    We're not complaining that it's boxy, we're complaining that it looks stupid at certain angles. The reason it looks stupid is because it's too boxy, but they could have kept it boxy while making it look not-stupid from those angles.
    I seriously hope that at the very least the phrasing there if not the sentiment was meant to be facetious.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast