BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cygnar

First-Captain

Correct, since the damage occurs outside of the Cyclone's activation, it cannot be boosted.

However, Pow 12 should be enough to kill any single wound infantry that contacts it. So you should still be good.

Exactly what I'd expect from a friggin' Gatling gun, mowing down the dudes in their bunches. I don't know how much infantry I can expect to face around here, as most (especially the Circle, Legion, and Trollblood players) seem to be focusing on 'beasts and 'jacks. Still, experimenting in wargames never really hurt anyone.

Besides, a Cyclone would seem to do very well if marshaled to a ATGM UA. Lots and lots of Gun Mage bullets!

Chapter-Master

The Cyclone is great at controlling the board. It just doesn't directly benefit much from Sloans feat, so it might be better to save it for higher point games. The nice thing, though, is that a Cyclone doesn't normally require any focus from Sloan to operate, so you can fill up on Defenders and Hunters. It also guarantees you'll get those extra shots from the feat off, because you can just plink at low Def targets with the Cyclone.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype- View Post
    That's a good thought. I'll have to play around with it a bit and see what works. This makes me rather glad that the plastic 'jacks for Cygnar are the two pig shooty heavies and the Ironclad. This means I can just magnitize the arms.

Funny thing is, the Circle dude (who also has a Karchev 'jack-heavy force) was showing me page 5 of Mk2 Prime. Aside from telling you to not be afraid to play aggressively, he said it meant that he'd never buy a model that wasn't metal. After skimming page 5 myself, I saw no such thing saying that you had to have full metal. Didn't feel like telling him that. I'm just gonna grin as I build, magnetize, paint, and field my interchangeable plastic heavy 'jacks of SCIENCE!!
    Fun fact, the Defender is actually pretty good in melee. Mat 6 is plenty to hit most models, and it's P+S isn't bad plus the hammer has it's own ability.

The all metal thing was an old page 5 bit, back in the first edition rule book when the company was just getting started. It was also, as it turns out, the same page 5 that gave Warmachine a bad rep among war gamers because a few peopled used to as an excuse to be jackasses. The new page 5 gets the idea across FAR better then the old one did, and as far as the metal model thing goes it was really just meant to foster a certain attitude and make a name for Privateer by standing out from Games Workshop. Since that's not really an issue these days it's rather silly to hold onto such an ideal, especially an ideal that didn't entirely make sense in the first place since by that time the casting quality of plastics was just as good as metals. Making plastics has also helped Privateer keep overall costs at roughly the same baseline as they have been since the game got going over half a decade ago.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456