BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Chaplain

Default Sukigod's Ork Waaagh! Log

Hello and welcome to my thread!

I am roughly 80% finished with the modification (biggification as it's known elsewhere) of the GW Battlewagon. It's a great kit but seems a but weedy for my particular tastes. So, like any Big Mek worth his squig ale, I chopped it up and made it proppa.

All previous work can be seen here... [url]http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=38291[/url]

I took the summer off for work and other activities (all 6 season of The Sopranos anyone?) and I'm starting to set some time aside for the modeling bench.

I did sneak in a little quality time the other day with my Big Shoota boyz for the back of the battlewagon, along with getting a game day in with the friends. Here' the boyz in the back (yes, I noticed the BS barrels are NOT drilled out, they will be dealt with before sealing)

Here's how they look in place.

And a quick shot of the terrible three deployed for battle in last weeks match against a Blood Angels force.

I went 2 for 3.

Match 1: 1250pts vs 'umie - Loss
    Match 2: 2000pts vs Blood Angels - Win (wiped out)
    Match 3: 2000pts vs 'umie - Win (Took both objectives in Capture and Control)

Overall, I'm happy with the switch over to a more mechanized force. Oh yeah - Zaggstrukk and his Vulcha Boyz are my new favorite unit. This paired with two trukks are awe inspiring to watch in motion.

Later!

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Quick question...

First off I want to say that your ability with plasticard is amazing. I love the fact that the only way you can tell where the original GW model stops and where the plasticard starts is because of the white of the plastic. I have tried a couple times with it myself, but havent really been able to accomplish anything at all.

The question I have though is actually about the weathering/chipped paint for the armor plates on your vehicle. I was wondering what technique you used as well as which colours you used. I am working on an ork army myself and I have some stuff that is working well, and some that is either too time consuming or just isnt working. Any tips you could shoot my way would be very much appreciated

Ghoulio

Chaplain

Thanks Ghoulio! THe chipped paint is rather easy. Chaos Black under ALL metallics. Then a layer of Choas Black/Bolt Gun mixed 50/50. I do a quick brush over of straight Bolt Gun making sure to leave the deepest areas alone so they stay darker. Then a highlight on just the edges and the bottom sides of very deep knicks (reflect mroe from above light sources) with Chainmail.

I paint the scratches with Chaos Black, then do just the insides with Bolt Gun making sure to usually leave a very faint line of black. This is isually good enough but for larger, deeper scratches I'll do a line of Chainmail on the edge that would be on the "bottom" of the scratch.

Got some time in tonight - finished off the the Komander and his cupola.

I think I've figured out how I'm going to finish off the Kill Kannon, it's about time. Now I'm going around and doing the detail painting. I still have to finish the Zapp Gun, Kannon, Reinforced Ram and the painting of the Ork Glyph on the 'ard Case roof - as well as finishing off the Kill Kannon. Whew!

Later!

Brother-Sergeant

I am really expressed with your plasticard/ converting abilities! I play orks too and i would love to be able to work like that!

man from one ork to another... Bad ***. your evil suns make my Bad moons jelous!

Wow fantastic weathering, ...very orky.

May I ask what color you primed the models?

[QUOTE=icecube;12202]I am really expressed with your plasticard/ converting abilities! I play orks too and i would love to be able to work like that![/QUOTE/]

yeah same here

Chaplain

Thanks guys!

Finished the skullhammas sponsons tonight. I still have the rivets to do but I'll do them all at the end. Here ya go!

Next are the kannons.

Later!
    http://www.bigshoota.com
    http://www.waaaghfest.com/

Scout

I am absolutely loving the colour scheme with these orks! They looks great! And they look like they'll pack a damned hard punch on the battlefield...WAAAGH!

Chaplain

Ahem.

I'm back (for now )

Painted checks on the engine cowlings the other night. Now that schools over, I can devote a little time to Moar Dakka, and i look forward to every minute of it

Later!
    http://www.bigshoota.com
    http://www.waaaghfest.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast