BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Ork Necron hybrid

I have what should be fluff question, but I just played in a tournament where one of the other players complained to the judges about the “What you see is what you get” design of my army.

I field an elite heavy Ork army with most of the minis having cybork parts “looted” from Necron models (I wrote some fluff about my Big Mek obsessed with creating an "Orky Nekron Waaagh"). His complaint was that the Necron’s self-regeneration and resistance to psionics would make it impossible for an ork to use it for cybork bitz. At best they would hang uselessly and at worst the try to kill its host.

My argument was that the ork’s gestalt psychic field and the mek/painboyz’ being accustom to “looting” bitz actually aided in fusing the parts to the lucky ork. Another player pointed out an orks fungus based regeneration and the necron’s living metal based regeneration might even result in a genetic hybrid.

Nevertheless, after bring the tournament to a grinding halt, he finally caved to peer pressure, but I had to deal with over 2 hours of passive aggressive comments. Aside from players sucking the fun out of the game, what is your take? Can orks use looted nectron bodies for cybork parts?

Orks can loot ANYTHING

I'm pretty sure they would all phase out with the 'crons that are still live and kickin'

On the other hand, kitbash where-ever you want. It would be a good source for Iron Hands parts too.

Veteran-Sergeant

terminator orks.....
    Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy.

man that's insane! I hope you won against him!? To put things straight, you had converted ork minatures with necron parts that did no difference gamewise, but he objected because of fluff reasons? so what if the fluff doesn't fit!!? so what if I play an all pink spacewolves army with ratling heads!!? As long as all parts are GW products and you use a GW codex everything goes!! Orks can use anything as cybork parts, period!

oi oi

! : ?

Battle-Brother

The fact that I used all GW minis is what the judge ruled that I was clear to play. I felt it was a fluff issue, he made it a "What you see is what you get" design issue.

And I just found out he broke all kind of rules in using his Lash of Submission, so I feel no guilt what so ever. *laugh*

Chaplain

wysiwyg=what you see on the table is what is in your army list eg this guy carrying a melta gun has a melta gun not the guy with a melta gun has a lascannon.

As long as your weapons were correct and the models were easily recognisable as to what they are eg you can tell your warboss armed with power claw and big shooter is a warboss armed with power claw and big shooter.

then there is no rules problem,

It would be nice to see some pics tho as this army sounds quite cool

Dellamorte
    I cant help myself from see you as some child crying cuz "he made my army look funny"....in this game Orks can loot anything from emperor golden throne to dead/living carnifex....your living-metal dudes are no diffrent...face it, be a man.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by GrenAcid View Post
    Dellamorte
    I cant help myself from see you as some child crying cuz "he made my army look funny"....in this game Orks can loot anything from emperor golden throne to dead/living carnifex....your living-metal dudes are no diffrent...face it, be a man.
    I think you didn't read the post correctly mate. It was "the other guy" (as in opponent) that complaint about Dellamorte's army, NOT being WYSIWG....

So you pretty much dissing Dellamorte and then support him in the same sentence

My first language isn't English either , so I get how you can misunderstand something, but think your barking up the wrong tree this time mate

@ Dellamonte
    Would love to see the army too . Another thing is, that most weapons the orks make, shouldn't work, but somehow do, because the orks believe they do (ork psy gestalt making it work thingy theory), so while they might not get stuff to work like they used to, they will never the less work...just Orky instead.

And if GW is okay with looted carnifex's I have no problem with looted Necrons (darn cant find the GD looted carnifex.....does any one still have it ? ).
    Gaming manifest: Play hard, but play fair. The game is about fun. Treat your opponent with respect. Losing a well fought game, beats winning a bad game.

Battle-Brother

Seriously, there is literally nothing an Ork can't loot. Being both an Ork and a Necron player, I think you had a pretty cool idea.

You don't happen to have any pictures of your army do you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast