BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Green Stuff Molding?

There are various little plastic bits that come with the different units we buy, however there never seems to be enough. Wether its something small and simple like a purity seal, a grenade you can give out your the masses, or the holy flamer.

What's your oppinion on making molds out of green stuff for various plastic bits?

Personally, I'm willing to accept something the size of a flamer. Anything bigger is pushing the issues to me. And it absolutely has to be for personal use, not for resale.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Scout

I've only ever used it for small details because I agree it should only be for personal use. Despite feeling like I have more than paid my fair share over the years some things are just wrong.

How is this done exactly?

Veteran-Sergeant

RTV silicone is your friend

Veteran-Sergeant

Its not wrong , they should give you what you need in a unit , why dont cadian shock troops come with a plasma gun or melta , its an option rite . Or maybe they should just make an upgrade box with like 10 of each weapon in the game with some new heads in there as well . naah way to easy .

Quote Originally Posted by Slann View Post
    Its not wrong , they should give you what you need in a unit , why dont cadian shock troops come with a plasma gun or melta , its an option rite . Or maybe they should just make an upgrade box with like 10 of each weapon in the game with some new heads in there as well . naah way to easy .
    Agreed.

Melta bombs, As I have said are a pain. In my 2000pt Guard army I need 27 of them!

How many do you get with any plastic IG set? 0!

The new plastic command set helps a bit, but your right, A plastic weapons sprue is whats needed.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

If we started a petition for such an item do you think GW might consider it? Or am I being too optimistic?

My greenstuff flamers definitely aren't up to snuff. They're usable by all means, but they just look bleh to me. They're gonna have to do till I bet more plastic ones though.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Forgeworld have a 'what would you like us to make' bit on their website, perhaps GW could do the same!
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by vman View Post
    RTV silicone is your friend
    I've done this before. Silicone, yes, is your friend... Resin, however is a little trickier. you need to build a strong mold box. however, I'm curious as to what kind of quality one would get from the GS molding.

Veteran-Sergeant

for small one sided bitz it works , I made some pistol holster molds they came out great il post a pic later .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast