BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Agonizers for Hekatrii: Waste of points??

So I've been doing some additional list building based on the help I've received both here and on [URL="http://ahrimaneus.blogspot.com"]MY BLOG[/URL].

I have a question about Agonizers in regular Wych Hekatrii. Is it a waste of points? 20 points seems a pretty steep price for, on average, 1 dead marine. Is it better off to go with the cheap venom blade instead? Been doing some points squeezing and this came up as a potential source, particularly in wych squads that may go suicidal with haywire grenades.

What say you?

Chapter-Master

one dead marine is 16 points, unless it is a sgt or weapon carrier.

Chaplain

Absolutely not a waste of points. Your Hekatrix with Agonizer is going to get you your kills against power armor, especially when you get good combat drug results. If you're going up against Orks, IG, etc. with crappy saves, the points are wasted, otherwise, it is what is going to get you your kills against units with good saves. I haven't thought that they are a waste, but I go up against a lot of power armor.

I absolutely second what necron lord said. wytch weapons are largely a waste of points from my experience though. Personally I've been running squads of 6 regular wytches, a Hek w/ Ag., and a haemonculus with agonizer in a raider with great success. You lose fleet but gain FnP (and can also keep fleet by just not disembarking haemy) and 3 more agonizer attacks on I4 (4 on the charge). And being that most marines are I4 thats gonna be 2-3 dead marines per round, more with the right drugs.

Chapter-Master

you should think about it this way--- Space Marines can take a lot of pain--- the fact that the agonizer just outright makes them 'feel it', is glorious!

Chapter-Master

Agonizers have been a staple of Wyches for over a Decade. Agonizers have always been worth taking, and especially now with the better Wych Squads we have now.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

I haven't played Wych squads yet (I'll be getting a few in the next few weeks) but at 20 points the Agonizer is a good buy no matter where you put it so long as you have more than a handful of attacks. Hekatrix' with Agonizers are a great but and should make back their points within 1-2 dead marines, and can do so much more when you're dealing instead with monstrous creatures or T5+ models (most of whom will earn back the entire model's points almost instantly).

Chapter-Master

See how "pointless" you think it is when you get your squad of wyches stuck in CC with a wraithlord...or a carnifax...or someting of equivilent high Toughness. Then see how silly it is.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

no the agoniser isnt worth the 20points.

it is worth the whole f***ing 130 points you pay for 10 wyches with one of them!

why are yout akeing wyches if not for an agoniser with many wounds and a good invul?

in a world of cheapo 4+ poisonr anged weapons I'm not paying a single point for s3 melee attacks that dont ignore armor saves. if they come as a bonus yes why not ...

Yeah, just looked at it, the Agoniser is better actually. Now that I've modelled most of my Heka's with Venom Blades. Arse...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast