BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Wyrds of the Primarchs

So, I'm about halfway through "Prospero Burns", and there's a discussion of the "Wyrds" of the Primarchs going on which is pretty interesting. The basic idea (which has been played with in the other novels as well) is that each Primarch (and thus Legion) was created with a specific role in mind. They mention 7 in the book (and confirm the role of 2), but I'd like to attach names to the other 5 roles mentioned, and maybe think of Wyrds for the remaining Primarchs as well.

The ones from the book mentioned are:

One to be Heir to the Emperor's Throne - Horus (heavily implied enough to be confirmed)

One to Fortify the Defenses of the Imperium - Perturabo (my best guess)

One to Guard the Hearth - Rogal Dorn (best guess)

One to Watch the Distant Perimeter - Guilliman (sketchy guess... but they're way out there)

One to Command the Armies - Lion El'Johnson... or maybe Sanguinus?

One to Control Intelligences - Alpharion/Omegon if they mean military intelligence... Magnus if they mean the control of knowledge

Executioner - Leman Russ (Confirmed by name).

Any thoughts on the other Wyrds? Does my list above make sense? Any disagreements?

To Forge the Weapons of the Imperium - Vulcan

To be the Heart of the Imperium - Sanguinus

To Enforce Order in the Imperium - Night Haunter

To Conquer New Worlds - Angron

To protect the moral health of the Imperium - Lorgar

To gather knowledge - Magnus

Public Health and safety - Mortarion
    Last edited by Drew da Destroya; 01-25-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Added Wyrds

Veteran-Sergeant

Vulkan - To forge the weapons of the Imperium?
    No this world is theirs!

Sanguinius - To be the heart of the imperium?

Curze to enforce order.

Lorgar to take charge of the moral health of the imperium?

Angron to conquer new worlds?

Mortarion no clue.

Librarian

Perhaps to ensure the Health of the Imperium?
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    Perhaps to ensure the Health of the Imperium?
    Well played, sir.

I like where this is going, though. I'm going to update my first post with our ideas, see if we can come up with a "role" for every primarch.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Drew da Destroya View Post
    One to be Heir to the Emperor's Throne - Horus (heavily implied enough to be confirmed)
    Magnus was supposed to replace the Emperor according to The Thousand Sons book, and Horus was to lead his armys.

Occuli Imperator

I think Horus was to lead the armies and sanguinius was to be heir. Even Horus says that sang was theist noble and deserving.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

My take on this, I feel that the Primarches almost works in pairs, as if there is to be a spare.

One to be Heir to the Emperor's Throne - Magnus and Sangunius. It was pretty explicitly stated in A Thousand Sons that the Emperor originally planned for Magnus to sit on the Golden Throne and be its human battery. And Sangunius would have been noble and kind enough to be a much loved heir.

One to Fortify the Defenses of the Imperium - Perturabo and Dorn

One to Guard the Hearth - Rogal Dorn and Sangunius

One to Command the Armies - Horus and Guilliman. Warmaster, commander of all the Emperor's armies and master organizor.

One to Watch the Distant Perimeter - Alpharion/Omegon and Mortorian. Fits with the Alpha Legion's tactic of operating in small covert cells. They would be the early warning of any impending attack or danger. And the Death Guard would be the best Legion to throw in something's path if you want it stopped while you gather the other Legions for the counter attack.

One to Control Intelligences - Guilliman. "All shall think according to my Codex and none shall deviate!"

Executioner - Leman Russ (Confirmed) and Angron. Not much else Angron is good for.

------------
    Roles for remaining Primarchs

To Forge the Weapons of the Imperium - Ferrus Manus and Vulcan?

To Enforce Order in the Imperium - Night Haunter

To Conquer New Worlds - The Lion

To exterminate worlds - Angron

Parades and photo ops - Fulgrim

To hunt down the enemies of the Imperium - Khan and Corax

Veteran-Sergeant

I can see the logic behind them being in somewhat paired positions, however I suspect the list would feel more solid if there wasn't any doubling up on jobs per primarch.

On a side note that Magnus' job reminded me off, people seem to forget that the Golden Throne needed to be powered before the Emperor used to to sustain his life since there is the giant gate to the first webway sitting below it that now must be sealed off as it's exposed to the raw warp in many places after some rather catastrophic accidents (and Magnus using sorcery IIRC).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast