BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Storm Raven, I've made a few modifications myself...

Chopped the top and mounted the lascannons on a wing hard-point. Also magnetized the dread which has just enough clearance...

Brother-Captain

Good job man! It's actually looking a lot less ridiculous now. I like ti a lot.
    I though of buying one somewhere in the vague future and moving the wings forward to make it less front-heavy. Seeing as you actually own one, would it be a hard thing to do to relocate the wings forward? Not on yours I mean, just in general.

Brother-Sergeant

Not necessarily. If you check out the spikey bits blog [url]http://blog.spikeybits.com/[/url] you can see the wings and engine are seperate. I may cause door issues and you'd have to fill in some gaps, it just depends on how comfortable you are with card stock.

At least major converting wont involve much cutting of the initial kit, things are pretty separate. Now to find some damn rivets like the GW ones....

Veteran-Sergeant

I like that.

I may keep the top turret just for awhile before I can get a Psycannon or Lascannon turret for the Razorback from FW.

but that air intake...thats got to go...
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Massive improvement! Now it really looks like a mini Thunderhawk. Only issue I see here is that the tail-fins are on backwards (almost everyone has been glueing them on backwards for some reason). Nicely done!

that's the way i want to have one !
    Thank you for making this nice conversion so quick

Can we have more and some closer shot of :
    the top ?
    the dread ?
    the magnet system without the dread ?

Veteran-Sergeant

I really really like this and yes more pics plz!

Looks good, I'm sticking to my initial reaction that the wings should be lower on the chassis.

I'm wondering if the vent could be flipped round and used to create a bulkier tail section and I think I'll use that clunky landing gear as my dread clamp.

Roll on next week.

Brother-Sergeant

Red face

Sorry to tell you - the tail fins are on backwards - the flaps should be at the back

Other than that, I think this looks cleaner than GW's version. I think the turret was unnecessary

The Dark Mechanic

Nice conversion job. My friend Jeff did the same thing [URL="http://theadeptsforge.blogspot.com/"]over on his blog[/URL]:

Sorry to tell you - the tail fins are on backwards - the flaps should be at the back
    Actually, in aviation those are called elevators, not flaps, and the surface of which they are a part of is called the horizontal stabilizer, not a fin. If we're going to nitpick, go all the way!
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 01-26-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast