BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I was in a game where Lysander did pretty much the same thing, destroying a Brass Scorpion (killing everything but Lysander within a 24" radius), then singlehandedly holding off a massive Chaos assault across a narrow bridge.

My leman russ demolisher got lucky and landed a round on a necron warrior squad that ported through a monolith and killed all 20 with a single shot.

Hmmm....a few spring to mind. Perhaps the one that makes me giggle the most still was way way back in the dark ages of 2nd edition. I was playing Eldar vs Chaos (marines). As it was a friendly game we had allowed special characters - as it turned out I was facing Cypher. Turn 1 was mine, one super-duper Shrieker Cannon round later and the legendary super-man Cypher was wandering around out of control and out of his mind! If I remember correctly he continued to drunken-stagger for the remainder of the game, being a constant reminder of my friend's failure.

More recently, I was playing Guard vs (more numerous) Guard. Capture and control with maximum objectives - all were in cover except one roughly midway on my right flank. Covering this objective in the open I had a LRMBT, Armoured Sentinel, a lone Infantry Sqad and a Platoon Command Squad. These faced off against a missile launcher HW squad, a lascannon HW squad and (I think) a platoon of 3 Infantry squads and Platoon Command. I was playing second. Turn 1, the LR kills a few of his amigos. Sentinel et al are ineffective.Turn 2, the LR died to a string of 6's from the lascannon HW team. D'oh!. Sentinel and Infantry succeed in causing the retreat of the culpabale lascannon dudes. Turn 3, Sentinel loses it's gun and is immobilised. D'oh!!! Now I have to try to at least contest the objective against a tide of lasguns AND 3 frags/turn. Without my "heavy" armour. We both skulk in cover sniping each other until Turn 5. He makes a break for the objective with the Command Squad and the best surviving amigos, rolls a 6 for run and claims it. I have 3 men remaining in the infantry squad (Sarge, 'nade man and "John"), plus the full Command Squad and make a break for it with both the Platoon Command Squad and Infantry, contesting the objective. A LOT of shooting was focused into trying to force his withdrawal. I got his Platoon Command, but not the Infantry. We roll for end of game, Turn 6 begins. D'oh! His infantry stands and delivers, along with a good chunk of other gear (47.5" range missile launcher shot anyone?). My Platoon Command evaporates into red mist. 7 "saveable" wounds are suffered by the Infantry squad. D'oh!! 2 wounds on Sarge, he dies. 2 wounds on 'nade man, he karks it too. 3 wounds on "John". Three 6's! Huzzah! Long live the almighty flak armour!! Snake-eyes for morale! I contest the objective and thankfully win at the end of Turn 6, 2-1. If anyone can think of something appropriate to model for "John" besides a purity seal, I'm all ears. Though, really, it'll be my eyes...

Scout

A Callidus Assassin dances her way through over half a Tau army singlehandedly. Winning combats when she needs to, crossing the gaps on the right turns to never be shot at once. I can't remember if she took a wound or not. Ah, the silliness of the kill zone and 4th ed consolidation rules.

Battle-Brother

At Battle in the Vines this year tank shocking a whole squad of eldar jetbikes with a rhino and watching them fail moral and run off the board.

Half his troops gone without a shot fired.

Same game the same rhino tank shocked a squad of fire dragons, my opponent performed a successful heroic intervention, the rhino exploded and killed 3/4 of them.

League game, My thunder fire cannon landing an average of 3 hits out of 4 all game. Taking out 7 marines in a turn.

Brother-Sergeant

In 2nd round 'ard boys 2008, I had ghazzy + 9 nobs wipe out:

7 Assault termies
    36 black templar marines
    Emp's Chump
    1 LRC

Lost 6 nobs and 1 wound on ghazzy in return.

Emperor's champion doesn't do so well against Ghazghkull

Occuli Imperator

Glorious moment way back in 2nd Edition where you got bonus for being 2nd, 3rd etc in combat, my 30 man death company took out 4 greater demons, it was awesome, though by then end I was having difficulty holding all the dice required to roll, and trying to tally up the critical hits/fumbles was a work for big peices of paper and a calculator

Veteran-Sergeant

One of the glorious moments was back in 3rd edition. I had an Imperial Guard army, my opponent had a Black Templer force, (Armeggedon), 1500 pts. It was a night fight, and I got the first turn. I was so sure I was going to lose, that I placed two squads at the far end of the boards, figuring I could contest two quarters because my opponent wouldn't have enough time to get down there and kill them.

My second shot of the battle was from a basilisk agaisnt his Land Raider Crusader. I rolled a six for penetration, and a further six for ordnance damage, annihilating the LRC, filled with an assault squad, a captain with lightning claws, and the Emperor's Champion, all told, about 500 to 600 hundered points. The rest of the battle went pretty much the same way. The Black Templers swept into hand to hand, and failed to inflict a single wound. My Guard wiped the assault squad out in return. By the time the battle was over, the only forces he had left were a Rhino and a Tactical Squad who were hiding behind a hill. Essentially, my second shot decided the game. He never has really forgiven me for beating his BTs that day.

It was in my 3rd or 4th game ever of 40K when the single missile launcher I had attached to my imperial guardsmen squad fired - for lack of a better target - onto a squad of space wolves in cover. The space wolves were led by some kind of leader in terminator armor and my opponent opted to take the hit with this model for he would have a 2+ armor save with reroll against it. Of course he rolled a double 1!

Teaches the puppies not to jump after every stick that comes flying by.

Vulture
    We are MaxPaint... resistance is futile!
    http://www.vultures-miniatures.de

Battle-Brother

I've had hundreds of these kinds of moments. But my favorite would have to be the time I had a single wound Chaos Lord killed hordes of Guardsmen back in 3rd Ed, by doing one or two wounds to the squad, and then running them down, and watching this happen 3-4 times in one game was funny, especially since on one turn, he killed 1 guardsmen from 2 squads, and both fled off the table due to Daemonic Vissage >.>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast