BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Great
    But now I have to chose between two different different methods that both look equally good

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbtall View Post
    There is no BEST way to do it. Though I seem to get alot of compliments on mine, not sure why since it's nothing fancy.

Base coat white, brown INK (not sure if the wash will have the same effect) drybrush with bleached bone. Viola, lot's of bone in 3 easy steps.

This is what it looks like.
    [url]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Gibbtall/Gibbtall/spearmen1.jpg[/url]
    [url]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/Gibbtall/Gibbtall/DSCF0257.jpg[/url]
    Yep, thats how I do my boney bits too. Simple, straight forward, effective. I do a little highlight with skull white though.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Yep, thats how I do my boney bits too. Simple, straight forward, effective. I do a little highlight with skull white though.
    I find after drybrushing 12 horses, and 12 riders, I'm not really in the mood to highlight... Kill children, maybe.

Battle-Brother

Default spray and wash

Quote Originally Posted by j-orge-287 View Post
    I would like to know what fellow gamers think is the best way to paint tomb kings. I am thinking of starting an army of the undead and should I paint the skeletons with 'gleaming bone and spear tips' like on GW.co.uk or dusty and decayed like I think they should look. I can't decide so can anyone help me?
    Army painter do a excellent bone primer, use this as your undercoat and base coat. Then add your addtional colours (weapons, bits of armour etc) then a wash over the top with a spraygun or airbrush. A quick dry brush after if you feel like it.

Our club has an outstanding challenge to paint 2k of tomb kings in a weekend. When the book gets updated I'll let you know how we get on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12