BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    Talk of pressurizing it to get it above boiling point is not only off-topic, it's not applicable. Clearly, they are not selling a product that requires you risk blowing up your kitchen to use it. The temperature in the instructions is in Fahrenheit like nearly always in the US. Talk of switching to metrics and Celsius was big when I was a kid a long time ago and that dream died here in the US years ago when they just could not get the average American used to the idea of making the switch. 2-Liter bottles of soda is about as far as it got.
    Well, just in case anyone does need to pressure boil water, you could do it pretty safely with any cheap pressure-cooker with no need to come up with a DIY solution that might draw the attention of the local Ordos and/or fire and medical responders when used.

Chapter-Master

Just ordered a bit to make more blood angels storm shields from the Space Hulk set!

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Just ordered a bit to make more blood angels storm shields from the Space Hulk set!
    Does it deliver to the UK?

Also, please let us know how it works.

Cheers

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by plawolf View Post
    Does it deliver to the UK? Also, please let us know how it works. Cheers
    If you're in the UK, you might want to look at this at a fraction of the price and in loads of colours:
    [url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Friendly-Plastic-White-White-/400180986385?pt=UK_Crafts_Other_Crafts_EH&hash=ite m5d2ca54211[/url]

And check this out too:
    [url]http://www.rarebird.ltd.uk/fp%20plain%20colours.html[/url]
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brother-Sergeant

I've had really good results with making 2 part moulds with a US product called Alumilite from Allumilite.com. I would get the Quickset compound, it is very easy to use! You can buy a starter kit w/ 1lb of mould compund, 2 bottles of resin/activator, 8oz of silicoin mould release, mixing cups, clay, and stir sticks for $70. You can also buy individually or in greater amounts, so like 5lb of rubber for $120 - You can make one heck of a lot of moulds with 5lbs of rubber!! Also, they have tutorials on how to mix rubber and mixing resin. And it ships pretty quick. Check it out. Happy casting

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I'm also questioning the science cos water boils at 100 degrees....so how does one get it to be hotter than that?
    The spelling should have been hints enough that the product was from the US with their Fahrenheit system...

/runs and hides

Ive ordered 2 packets of the stuff, will try it out once it arrives.

Chaplain

Now i like the look of this, and plan to buy some and see what i can make with it, actually i need a few inferno pistols for my Seraphin's. I watched the video and i like it, simple and reusable.

Its funny though, that some people accept that its ok to copy and make using this instant molds,instead of buying more GW miniatures and undercut GW, yet are ok with trashing others or companies for making custom parts that MAY be used on GW products.
    I mean, me, personally i dont have a problem if it saves me money, but you can't one day decide that Chapterhouse is wrong for making parts, or other such companies, or even not buying the dvd to Ultramaries, and downloading it, and then say "oh im going to make my own parts using this stuff and stuff GW". It's Hypocritical.

You know, some would say your stealing GW profits, and i know one person on this post who claims he/she never stole anything ever.
    But, hey, don't stop on my opinions, i plan to use this instant mold, copy parts, and enjoy doing it. I advise others to do the same, its customizing and fun.
    Enjoy.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

First-Captain

theres a difference between saving money and making money,
    and this is cool, might try getting some when I start scuplting bits and pieces for my armies,
    For the Greater good.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
    The spelling should have been hints enough that the product was from the US with their Fahrenheit system...
    I'll refer to xkcd for this one: [url]http://www.xkcd.com/850/[/url].
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    Ah, our friends in the UK must remember that this product is marketed in the US where Fahrenheit and the English system of measurements still rule the land. Forget Celsius and the metric system when looking at product descriptions from the US.

Talk of pressurizing it to get it above boiling point is not only off-topic, it's not applicable. Clearly, they are not selling a product that requires you risk blowing up your kitchen to use it. The temperature in the instructions is in Fahrenheit like nearly always in the US. Talk of switching to metrics and Celsius was big when I was a kid a long time ago and that dream died here in the US years ago when they just could not get the average American used to the idea of making the switch. 2-Liter bottles of soda is about as far as it got.
    you could always use a pressure cooker.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast