BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Male.
    Sorry WereWolf, but female orks/orcs cannot exist. Male orks/orcs do not exist either. The ork/orc is a sexless being, and only refers to itself as a 'boy' because it sees it's physical traits as being vaguely similar to the males of other races (particularly the humies!) The orks/orcs were biologically engineered by a long dead race to be the 'perfect'b fighting force. They are muscular because that gives them a strength advantage over their foe. They have deeper voices because that makes their battle cries more unnerving. And when an ork/orc dies, shortly after a burst of spores is released, and these will grow to be either, mushrooms, snots, grots/goblins, or orks/orcs. No genders. No sexism. Hmm, maybe it would be better to be orks/orcs than humies...
    Back in the old days before GW developed a set of guidelines for the races, they made female Ork Miniatures, and female fantasy Orc miniatures. I remember seeing female orks with shootaz and choppaz and all manner of Orkish equipment and yes they had huge breasts.

Orks doe not have females now it seems, but they used to.

Chaplain

Daemonette 666, I would like to say that I for one am glad they eradicated female orks/orcs from existence.

I present to all, EXHIBIT A! (sorta NSFW!)

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490016a&prodId=prod1560 097"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490016a&prodId=prod1560 097[/URL]
    Last edited by Kieranator K82; 02-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Librarian

How is that model £5.10 now?! I remember when it was like, £1.50, and it wasn't worth it then!

Terrible sculpt...

I'm a male.

SM - Not interested.

Blood Angels - Again, not interested.

Space Wolves - My least favourite SM chapter.

Dark Angels - I have been very tempted to play DA, as I love the aesthetic and background. But, I only have two armies per setting (40K & WH).

Black Templars - A very interesting chapter, but would never play them.

IG - I have been keen for a while on collecting a Death Korps of Krieg army.

Sister of Battle - Not interested.

Daemonhunters - Not interested.

Eldar - My first (RT) army, and have been collecting them, on and off, for many years. Love them - design and background wise.

Dark Eldar - I LOVE the Dark Eldar. My main 40k army.

Orks - Not interested, although they seem a lot of fun.

Tyranids - I have been collecting them on and off for years. However, I always end up selling them. Maybe it's the lack of character or the tedium of painting the same colour scheme again and again. Still, they are great.

Necrons - Love them. I very much respect the whole ancient slumbering evil, and think 40K has needed something like it for a long time. The story at the end of the codex about what awaits the galaxy should everyone fail is pure atmosphere.

CSM - Never have been interested. Chaos does nothing for me.

Daemons - Not interested.

Tau - Love the Tau, and have been close to purchasing an army for a long time. But, as I said earlier, I only field two armies for each system.

For Warhammer, I collect Dark Elves and Skaven.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Female.

SM: I have a smalle force of FSMS just to annoy people, I don't play them though

Blood Angels: They have become absurd, no interest.

Space Wolves: I'm not very fond of Space Wolves

Dark Angels: Tempted sometimes, love the background.

Black Templars: Slight interest in the germanic theme but not enough to collect.

IG: Would have an IG force in an instant if I could get female Guardswomen.

Sister of Battle : Love them, waiting for new codex and plastics.

Daemonhunters: Like the fluff, wouldn't play them.

Eldar: My main army, rapidly approaching 50k points.

Dark Eldar: My second army

Orks: Have 750pts worth, discovered I hate painting Orks so it won't go any further.

Tyranids: Not interested

Necrons: Completely apathetic to them, think C'tan were the worst addition to the fluff to date.

CSM: I have a small Thousand Sons force, would expand it if there were plastics and a decent codex.

Daemons: No interest at all.

Tau: Dislike Tau quite a lot.

For Warhammer I have High Elves, Empire and a nascent Dorf army.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Okay I'm don't care about female models or male models the gender makes no difference on how well they fight, didn't read whole forum so I might have missed something anyways...

Male

Space Marines - Played em once or twice got sick of how much GW overplays them also they keep adding new **** that craps all over perfectly good units such as captains and the original land raider.

Space Wolves - One thing they look nothing like wolves in space, and they whole barbarian thing is lame they have some nice models and look good when painted up by a good player but their just to lame and how they fit into the imperium and haven't been burnt to heretical ciders confuses me.

Dark Angels - They look good and the Ravenwing is and awesome concept.

Blood Angels - Space Vampires yay another lame vampire stereotype...

Black Templars - Really wish I had some and I'm looking to build an army the whole crusade theme is great and power armour plus swords seems very do able.

Eldar - Like them have played them but not a fan of armies with multiple army colours I like more standardized and uniformly look plus their deviant witches and must be purged.

Dark Eldar - Whats with the road warrior theme it's lame plus the things they call girls look like manly drug addicts with tits...except for Lelith she's awesome...someone should tell her that thongs in a gunfight makes less sense than a sword.

Tau - Very Gundam but thats cool and they look fantastic as for female Tau warriors it's hard to picture them putting breast cups on their battle suits seems very weird and pointless.

Orcs - Female orcs...lets just not even think of it, intense army that makes me weep alot

Tyranids - Fantastic army huge fan of swarm based armies out to consume everything have small army (in theory 100+ models is small), female bugs would be creepy

Battle Sisters - My main army and it kicks ***, kinda nervous for the new plastics as I've noticed a skin tight tread for female units and would hate my sisters looking eldar like with robes and a big gun seems conflicting.

Grey Knights - Awesome storyline and planning to play them with the new army book

Imperial Guard - Like em but writer like Abnett ruined them for me with his 'ridiculously hard to kill' gaurd characters I'm sorry guardsman just aren't the survivor type and making them seem that way is annoying maybe a few are able to do this but every character except supporting one is retarded.

anyways back to the female marines thing, I always thought they gave a clear reason in why theres no female marines and I think the Emperor was the one who made it clear when he first made them don't remember the specifics but I imagine someone does.

Chaos Space Marines - Can't stand them very much in favour of the Imperium myself.

Chaos Demons - Why did they split from Chaos Space Marines their models are lame except a few and the deep striking makes them easy to pick off.

Necrons - Their okay but really how many races dedicated to eradication and slavery do they need Necrons seem like metal Chaos to me
    Last edited by doom-kitten; 02-15-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Forgot the traitors and the robos

Male.

Played Space Marines and Eldar in my youth. Just getting back into the hobby again after a long hiatus.

Love Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Eldar and Dark Eldar. Interested in Tau and Imperial Guards. Don't really care for Orcs or Necrons.

In case anyone's interested, I have pics of Female Space Marines miniatures I've sculpted on my blog:

[url]http://battlesuits.blogspot.com/2011/02/caution-female-space-marines-aka-faipa.html[/url]

IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YkK_9KlnoyQ/TVIpvAVE7QI/AAAAAAAAABU/vjNYpa9-sF8/s1600/faipa+trio1.jpg[/IMG]

I've gotten some good reception over at dakkadakka.com (where I also have a PM blog). I hope some of you here find them to your liking too.

I obviously think female Space Marines are a good idea. GW has done enough retcon in the past that I'm sure they will eventually when they feel it's necessary to keep up with the times/audience.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Daemonette 666, I would like to say that I for one am glad they eradicated female orks/orcs from existence.

I present to all, EXHIBIT A! (sorta NSFW!)

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490016a&prodId=prod1560 097"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490016a&prodId=prod1560 097[/URL]
    AAAUUGGGHHH!!!! MY EYES!! THEY'RE BURNING!!!

<*Ahem*>

Ok, so I've only been playing 40K for a couple years. Prior to that ... well, I hadn't played anything for a decade or so. Back in college I was heavily into Star Fleet Battles, and that was my game of choice. Only recently have I gotten back into gaming, somewhat at a friends insistence. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't fall into the slot of "typical WH40K player." Bear that in mind as you consider my response.

So, to answer your question ...:

Sex: Male

Army #1: Necrons (painted)
    Army #2: Dark Eldar (composed by not painted)
    Army #3: Iron Hands (planned with some play using substitutes. A couple units built)
    Army #4: Sisters of Battle (for future development - own all necessary components)
    Army #5: Black Templars (for future development - own all necessary components)
    Army #6: Dark Angels (for future development - own all necessary components)

Everything else I'm not interested in. As for how represented females are in terms of game pieces, generally I don't care any more than I care if a chess pawn or a checker is male or female. In terms of fluff, Space Marines are male, and Sisters of Battle are female. That is by definition, and isn't going to change. In my DE army, Wyches are female - period. Same with Succubi. Likewise Inucubi are male. Everything else is whatever it is. I don't have a problem with Banshees being only female ... in fact, if I played Eldar, that's what they'd be ... because that's what they are. Orks are fungus, so they're neither male nor female. As for the I-guard, I can understand why they're either mostly or exclusively male. When was the last time you read about Commissars conducting "sensitivity training?" That is to say, this is no golden age of the progressive utopia. This is the dark future, where everyone is a cog in the wheel - you will fit into your place, or else you will be pounded into your place. Viewed strictly as a resource, only women can produce future soldiers, and so are generally too valuable to waste as cannon fodder. As for men, you only need a handful to guarantee genetic diversity, so they are completely expendable.

Or, put another way...

[Commissar]
    Your hopes and dreams are irrelevant, and are in fact HERESY, because they do not conform to the needs of the State.
    [/Commissar]

Last edited by Necron2.0; 02-27-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

But thats the thing, we know beyond all doubt that the Guard do recruit females, and there are indeed all-female regiments. Yet the only female guard are a couple of very old, very crude Catachans and a limited edition Commissarette who looks like a whore.

Wyches are not all female either, hence the 4 male torsos in each box. As for Banshees, the fluff used to make reference to male Banshees. So quite wrong there too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Female.

Space Marines: Cartoony over-exaggerations. In a lot of the fluff, It's like Thor and the Hulk had a love child, and then infused the baby with testosterone and unobtainium. Space Marines are boring for the same reason that Superman is boring, and Space Marines take themselves way too seriously. Space Marines are not grimdark enough for 40k.

Special exceptions for Black Templar, Grey Knights, and Dark Angels, who have some pretty cool fluff, although it's not quite enough to overcome the silliness inherent in being a space marine.

IG: The complete disregard for human life is interesting. The WW1-era tanks are cool, but the hordes of human models are kind of boring when you've got so many other options that are less vanilla. The fluff behind the Imperium of Man is pretty interesting, though. Very grimdark.

Sisters of battle: The models are pretty cool. The fluff is interesting even if it's pretty stock: Religious zealots - when good goes bad. I might play an Inquisition army, but would probably not play a SoB army.

Eldar: I like the models and the fluff, but I don't enjoy the play style of the army. I will probably collect some of the models but wouldn't put together a whole army.

Dark Eldar: The models are awesome, the army has a lot of variety in the way it plays, and I'll probably end up collecting DE some day.

Orks: Are awesome and hilarious. The models and the fluff are fun and interesting. If I could convince myself to paint that many models, I'd be collecting orks. Maybe some day.

Tyranids: Are interesting, but not quite as cool as other options.

Necrons: Love the idea of a robot army, but I'll save my judgement until I see the new 'Cron codex and models. Lots of potential here, though.

Chaos SM: With the current dex, I probably wouldn't play this army. If they had more options for customizing your army (more depth and options, rules for Legions and mono-God lists that aren't as restrictive as they are now) I'd be in.

Chaos Daemons: I collect this army, but most of my army is conversions. I love the models, but the line needs more plastic. I like how they play so differently from other armies. It's nice to be able to mix things up with Daemons.

Kroot Mercs: My first army. Fun fluff, fun rules, lots of variety and interesting models. I wish GW would bring Kroot Mercs back, even if it was just a short White Dwarf army list.

Tau: I like the fluff and the models. I play Tau by default because of my Kroot Mercs army, but I do like their style.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast