BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Chapterhouse makes products primarily of interest to Warhammer 40K players. The Chapterhouse lawsuit is news. An update about the progress of the suit is likewise news that is of interest to Warhammer 40K players. Due to the nature of the discussion, the GW v Chapterhouse threads were moved to Wargames Corporate Discussion. I felt that a succinct update regarding the docket would be beneficially posted on the 40K News and Rumors board so that those readers uninterested in discussing GW corporate could simply be made aware of the lawsuit's progress.

Brass Scorpion is right that there's a wealth of information about this case, its legal implications, implications for the wargaming community, and its relationship to Games-Workshop's management down on the Wargames Corporate Discussion board. I heartily encourage all of the above posters to read through some of the threads.
    Last edited by weeble1000; 02-02-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: rethought tone

Librarian

I wasn't saying that you shouldn't have posted your post, Weeble. I meant to head off the argument I already saw brewing, by redirecting those posters down into the Corporate forum, where said arguments have already been had (with yourself as a main participant, I believe).

Your post definitely qualifies as "News". Just the ensuing argument didn't need to be rehashed.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by weeble1000 View Post
    Chapterhouse makes products primarily of interest to Warhammer 40K players. The Chapterhouse lawsuit is news. An update about the progress of the suit is likewise news that is of interest to Warhammer 40K players. Due to the nature of the discussion, the GW v Chapterhouse threads were moved to Wargames Corporate Discussion. I felt that a succinct update regarding the docket would be beneficially posted on the 40K News and Rumors board so that those readers uninterested in discussing GW corporate could simply be made aware of the lawsuit's progress.

Brass Scorpion is right that there's a wealth of information about this case, its legal implications, implications for the wargaming community, and its relationship to Games-Workshop's management down on the Wargames Corporate Discussion board. I heartily encourage all of the above posters to read through some of the threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by chapterhousestudios View Post
    There is actually some new updates to this topic, I am waiting to hear back from our attorneys on what we should/can post.
    Wow I actually agree with weeble for an change - this is news so a separate post although corporate news so possibly should be elsewhere.

CHS don't waste your time asking your lawyers anything - anything you post will eventually boil down to the statement 'We're innocent' and will be highly biased. Why not wait now until the outcome and the vindication you insist is coming your way?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Default Winston & Strawn represent Chapterhouse Studios LLC vs Games Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Wow I actually agree with weeble for an change - this is news so a separate post although corporate news so possibly should be elsewhere.

CHS don't waste your time asking your lawyers anything - anything you post will eventually boil down to the statement 'We're innocent' and will be highly biased. Why not wait now until the outcome and the vindication you insist is coming your way?
    I am sorry, but I do not believe you represent the opinions and interest of the whole of the Bell of Lost Souls membership, so I will continue to post.

My company, Chapterhouse Studios LLC, has been very fortunate to locate pro-bono counsel with the help and tips of a few of our customers. Those customers have extensive legal background as well as leads that helped us find a firm that believes in our case enough to support us.

Thanks to some friends good advice and experience Winston & Strawn LLP - [url]http://winstonandstrawn.com/[/url] will defend us in the case filed by Games Workshop.

I consider myself very lucky to have three attorneys from the firm willing to be our represent us in the case. The lead on the case, Jennifer Golinveaux, has major experience behind her, and I am confident that with her teams' help we will come out of this experience in great shape.

For everyone who has given their support, I really do appreciate it.

We are confident in our position and that the Court will ultimately vindicate us in this case.

Sincerely,
    Nick Villacci
    Chapterhouse Studios LLC
    Last edited by chapterhousestudios; 02-09-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by chapterhousestudios View Post
    I am sorry, but I do not believe you represent the opinions and interest of the whole of the Bell of Lost Souls membership, so I will continue to post.

I don't claim to but thought I could save you the time of rehashing old ground. Oh-oh, too late, anyhoo...

My company, Chapterhouse Studios LLC, has been very fortunate to locate pro-bono council with the help of a few of our customers. Those customers have intensive legal background as well as connections that helped us find a firm that believes in our case enough to support us.

Wow. Very fortunate. Of course, some one with true courage of their convictions would have fronted the money, safe in the knowledge that the Judge and/or jury will not only find in their favour but will award them costs. then you wouldn't have needed to be 'fortunate' enough for pro bono work.

Thanks to some friends good advice and experience we have a legal agreement for Winston & Strawn LLP - [url]http://winstonandstrawn.com/[/url] to represent us in our case.

I consider myself very lucky to have three attorneys from the firm willing to be our representatives during the case and any other negotiations with Games Workshop. The lead on the case Jennifer Golinveaux has some major experience behind her, and I am confident that with her teams help we will come out of this experience in great shape.

I'll give you this, she is quite foxy, I'm going through an older woman phase at the mo. [url]http://www.winston.com/index.cfm?contentID=24&itemid=13554[/url]

For everyone who has given their support, I really do appreciate it. I will do my best to let everyone know what happens (as much as is ok with the attorneys).

For those who swore up and down that GW was going to shut us down, bury us in legal fees and we had no chance to win since we were obviously in the wrong... I know the firm and attorneys representing us do not think that will happen, and they know much more about IP laws then we do.

Well that's just as well isn't it. Whilst I don't claim to be an expert, I doubt that the multi-million pound profit-making business has hired total amateurs as a giant poker bluff becuase they assumed you would roll over and play dead, but they're now quaking in their boots because you've called them with lil-miss pro-bono. Actually, looking at this, the woman named on the blurb posted on the BoLS main site isn't a slouch on IP stuff as well - prosecuted infringement actions relating to adjustable mounts for flat sceens - I bet this is third party stuff the sonys, panasonics et al didn't like, should be interesting fight. [url]http://www.foley.com/people/bio.aspx?employeeid=19247[/url]

Sincerely,
    Nick Villacci
    Chapterhouse Studios LLC
    Ta Da!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

The comment about Ms. Jennifer Golinveaux was out of line. You're reply was altogether immature.

At the same time, with respect to Chapter House Studios, their case is toast.

Chaplain

jorz192, with due respect to you, are you an Attorney, do you know everything there is to IP laws, do you know everything about GW or CHS? IF your answer is no to any of these, then leave it to the professionals and dont comment with fluff you know nothing about.

Let's just wait and see what happens, im sure CHS as he said will update us on the outcome. So let's all just simmer down, and let the legal teams sort out the outcome.
    As for me CHS, me i love your stuff and will continue to buy your products, as you do a service to this community of hobbists with your parts and miniatures that GW is to lame to do.

But ChapterHouseStudios, are you ever going to produce the Flaming Braziers that can go on vehicles, buildings?? Still waiting to buy 30 or more from you when you make them.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Quote Originally Posted by jorz192 View Post
    The comment about Ms. Jennifer Golinveaux was out of line. You're reply was altogether immature.

At the same time, with respect to Chapter House Studios, their case is toast.
    I agree with your comment regarding Ms. Jennifer Golinveaux. She is very intelligent and I am sure she would be insulted by that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Rosette Soulknyt View Post
    jorz192, with due respect to you, are you an Attorney, do you know everything there is to IP laws, do you know everything about GW or CHS? IF your answer is no to any of these, then leave it to the professionals and dont comment with fluff you know nothing about.

Let's just wait and see what happens, im sure CHS as he said will update us on the outcome. So let's all just simmer down, and let the legal teams sort out the outcome.
    As for me CHS, me i love your stuff and will continue to buy your products, as you do a service to this community of hobbists with your parts and miniatures that GW is to lame to do.

But ChapterHouseStudios, are you ever going to produce the Flaming Braziers that can go on vehicles, buildings?? Still waiting to buy 30 or more from you when you make them.
    Too true on all accounts.

You will be happy to know that I spoke to the gentleman working on the molds for that piece and I will be picking up the production molds next week.

Now you just need to ask Father Winter to let up on the ice and snow in the US so we can get the freight company to deliver our casting equipment.

Sincerely,
    Nick - Chapterhousestudios.com
    Last edited by chapterhousestudios; 02-03-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Chaplain

Thats fantastic news.
    Well here we have either sweltering heat of 30+ degrees, or like now its pouring rain, but they just put it down to melbourne weather.
    Far north we had floods, now a level 5 cyclone and more floods, feel sorry for them. Glad i live in the south of Australia.

Can't wait to see those items Will be watching your site. As for MR.Winter, i'm a patient person.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast