BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cool Tzeentch is out of the spotlight

I recently posted a thread in the rumors section related to the possible release of the FW lord of change. I got a decent amount of replies, which led me to believe that there are probably a buch of tzeentchian fans out there just like me who feel that Tzeentch is way, way out of the spotlight.

Ive mentioned before that I may be biased, being a thousand sons player and all. But even so, it doesnt take a Tzeentch fan to realize that theres a serious lack of GW and FW love for the architect of fate. Lets take a look:

- demons codex is released. New, significantly cheaper plastic kits for demonettes and bloodletters. Flamers and horrors remain metal, expensive and still horribly designed (anyone whos tried to glue together a horror knows what im talking about)

- Forgeworld releases chaos models to go with the seige of vraks series. These include nurgle ogryns, nurgle blight-drones, plauge marine upgrade kits, plague terminator upgrade kits, nurgle sorceror character, nurgle demon prince and herald.......Khorne brass scorpion, berserker upgrade kits, berserker termi upgrade kits, khornate ogryn with hounds, demon prince and heralds.....Get my point?

-Demons second wave: coming soon are the plastic plague bearers, new demon prince. Not a whisper of anything tzeentchian.

-Out of all the products forgeworld makes, only two are related to slaanesh (greater demon and drednaught) and only ONE is tzeentchian (drednaught). Thats it.

Am i the only one out there that feels outraged with the lack of attention to the other gods besides Khorne and nurgle? Hell, slaanesh didnt even get a special character greater demon in the demons codex. Thousand sons rules are just awful, too.

So, anyone else out there wanna give GW a swift magic-based attack to the arse?

Chapter-Master

GW favoring Khorne and Plague Marines?

Never......
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

yeah, i know. but i was kind of hoping that more people would come to that realization and maybe make a fuss about it...

somehow i get the feeling GW watches these forums...

Battle-Brother

i think everyone wants to give GW a swift magic based kick in the arse. Ya, Gw will always focus on what sells over what needs updates/models and the like. of course FW is working on a greater deamon model. I don't have a clue when it's coming out, but the pics that have surfaced have looked amazing.

don't worry its all just part of the plan

seriously though i think Khorne is the most popular chaos god though I'm not sure why nurgle gets so much love as i'm pretty sure Slaanesh is number two

Brother-Captain

Tzeentch was in the spotlight?

the reasons for FW are quite simple:

they wanted to do siege warfare with the deathkorps and khorne/nurgle are basically the only gods that would fit the vraksian renegades.

khorne/nurgle are more acessible for the common folk. slanesh might be acessible for cultists too but not on a besieged world.

with the upcoming eldar-book I can foresee some slanesh/tzeentch love because it would fit with slanesh beeing the eldar nemesis and tzeentch counteracting what the pesky farseers are trying to do

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post
    yeah, i know. but i was kind of hoping that more people would come to that realization and maybe make a fuss about it...

somehow i get the feeling GW watches these forums...
    I know a redshirt that browses the net when bored at home finding funny pic.s and cool conversions.

If you look at CSM cult troops:

Khorne Berzerkers are always on shelf at my local GW, they're made of plastic, $36, 12 models, most popular.

Plauge Marines are usually on shelf, all metal, 7 models, $50, 2nd most popular.

Thousand Sons very rarely in stock, 9 models metal/plastic, $50, 3rd.

Noise marines are never in stcok unless ordered, metal/mostly plastic, 8 models, $45, Last.

Looks like Slaanesh is least popular, judging by the CSM armys I see, yes. I don't get why the tzeentch greater daemon is a bird though, I think it should be a flying octopus.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Part of the thing with the Slaaneshi scarcity is that the +1 I from the Icon or Mark is less immediately appealing than the other benefits from the rival gods' marks. Another part is that Noise Marines are old fashioned models, appealing to that earlier GW fondness for silliness that has almost entirely been abandoned in 40K modelling since.

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    the reasons for FW are quite simple:

they wanted to do siege warfare with the deathkorps and khorne/nurgle are basically the only gods that would fit the vraksian renegades.

khorne/nurgle are more acessible for the common folk. slanesh might be acessible for cultists too but not on a besieged world.

with the upcoming eldar-book I can foresee some slanesh/tzeentch love because it would fit with slanesh beeing the eldar nemesis and tzeentch counteracting what the pesky farseers are trying to do
    I disagree, frankly. I think having some sort of tzeentchian sorceror or influence in the vraks campaign would work quite nicely. Hell, they made a special character nurgle SORCEROR. You could have a sorceror playing the commander like a puppet to achieve some seedy goal, or have hordes of mutated experiemental soldiers with tentacles and feathered wings fly over the battlefield to...i dont know...do something cool!

In the end, i would agree that khorne and nurgle suit themselves well to seige warfare, but that doesnt rule out the others entirely.

even if they werent in the vraks campaign fluff, i still wanna see tzeentch get some kick *** new models!! I mean, have you even really LOOKED at a horror model?! they're so awesome looking, but so poorly put together! you wouldnt even have to change the model at all, just produce them in plastic exactly how they are now.

copy, paste, cha-ching!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast