BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Librarian

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    As it stands right now, there's not a lot of appeal to many Tzeentchian models. You have a pissed off version of Big Bird as your Greater Daemon, some shapeless blobs of flesh and teeth for Troops, Manta Rays that can fly and eat tanks for Fast Attack and a bunch of robes that form themselves into a vague cone shape and spit fire at stuff.
    Like I said earlier a flying octopus should fit perfectly in that range instead of a bird. Another cool addition would be something HR Giger's alien-ish, it has an unsettlingly unnatural look, yet it doesn't look to mechanical to be a machine, without looking like a mass of brainless warped tentacles. The only problem is it doesn't look horribly mutilated enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maze_of_Tzeentch.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	106  
    Last edited by person person; 10-25-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    As it stands right now, there's not a lot of appeal to many Tzeentchian models. You have a pissed off version of Big Bird as your Greater Daemon, some shapeless blobs of flesh and teeth for Troops, Manta Rays that can fly and eat tanks for Fast Attack and a bunch of robes that form themselves into a vague cone shape and spit fire at stuff. All that sounds a lot less cool than, say, a half beast, half man with a sword around 8" long and a bad attitude who exists purely to kill. *shrug*
    Well, its easy to down-play tzeentch when you describe it like that. But, two can play that game. So, you've got an army of mindless, uni-dimensional characters who run head long at the enemy and pray to khorne that they get into combat before getting shot to tiny pieces. Woo...yay. How boring is that? If i wanted a boring run-across-the-table-and-get-into-hand-to-hand army, I'd play tyranids...or orks...or khorne! Boooorrring.

And flying mantas that eat tanks?! Freakin AWESOME, where do i sign up?! And i dont know how easily you can actually compare flamers to "robes that form themselves into tubes". Cmon. You gotta give those sculptors some credit, flamers are awesome looking models. And an army of morphing, mutating, formless, chaotic teeth, mouths and flaming limbs? Christ...whats not to like?

I'll just come out and say it: I freakin hate khorne and nurgle (as is befitting a tzeentch player ). I hate them not solely because they get the spotlight ALL THE TIME, plus the new models, and forgeworlds attention. But i also hate them for thier boring style of play. Khorne? Run across the table. Charge. I win. Nurgle? Run across the table, remove fewer models than khornate players, charge. Maybe win. Tzeentch? Now theres an army that you cannot afford to be reckless with. It takes strategy and forethought to win with tzeentch. If played right, the shooting phase from a good tzeentchian player would leave you burnt to a crisp with nothing to say about it.

Go ahead, you can have your boring assault troops. Ill take my chances with an army that requires skill.

Battle-Brother

I feel that Tzeentch, of all the Chaos Gods, allows for the most opportunity for conversions. While I agree that Tzeentch probably has the least support model-wise, I think you could grab some other models and convert them up to represent what you need. Especially if you're talking about daemons.

Oddly enough, I'm a Nurgle player who tends to favor Tzeentch as his second choice. :P It would be nice to see some plastic Tzeentch stuff at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by person person View Post
    I know a redshirt that browses the net when bored at home finding funny pic.s and cool conversions.

If you look at CSM cult troops:

Khorne Berzerkers are always on shelf at my local GW, they're made of plastic, $36, 12 models, most popular.

Plauge Marines are usually on shelf, all metal, 7 models, $50, 2nd most popular.

Thousand Sons very rarely in stock, 9 models metal/plastic, $50, 3rd.

Noise marines are never in stcok unless ordered, metal/mostly plastic, 8 models, $45, Last.

Looks like Slaanesh is least popular, judging by the CSM armys I see, yes. I don't get why the tzeentch greater daemon is a bird though, I think it should be a flying octopus.
    Your prices are a bit off.
    $30 Berzerkers (12 guys)
    $35 Plague Marines (7 guys)
    $35 Noise Marines (8 guys, but you need to buy at bitz pack for $19.75 to get enough weapons to really make then noise marines)
    $41.25 Thousand Sons (9 guys)
    $35 for basic CSM (10 guys)

Librarian

I live in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Primus View Post
    Your prices are a bit off.
    $30 Berzerkers (12 guys)
    $35 Plague Marines (7 guys)
    $35 Noise Marines (8 guys, but you need to buy at bitz pack for $19.75 to get enough weapons to really make then noise marines)
    $41.25 Thousand Sons (9 guys)
    $35 for basic CSM (10 guys)
    But see! thats exactly it! The most expensive thing in that list is Tzeentch stuff! Thousand sons are the most expensive (to buy) troops out of the cults, AND they have the suckiest rules, despite having the coolest (IMO) fluff. And by far, too! And the sprues they give you with those metal parts? only enough to make the bare essential generic marines stuff. No plasma guns, no extra meltas, no champion sprue. NOTHING. Only the parts necessary to build the thousand sons, plus metal bits. Whereas the plauge marines are ENTIRELY METAL, yet cost LESS?!

GO TO HELL, GW.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by mountaincycle661 View Post
    Well, its easy to down-play tzeentch when you describe it like that. But, two can play that game. So, you've got an army of mindless, uni-dimensional characters who run head long at the enemy and pray to khorne that they get into combat before getting shot to tiny pieces. Woo...yay. How boring is that? If i wanted a boring run-across-the-table-and-get-into-hand-to-hand army, I'd play tyranids...or orks...or khorne! Boooorrring.
    I was bashing the models, not the playstyle. In fact, I find Tzeentchian units (at least the Daemonic ones, don't get me started on the Thousand Sons) to be some of the best, if not the best in the entire Codex.

And flying mantas that eat tanks?! Freakin AWESOME, where do i sign up?! And i dont know how easily you can actually compare flamers to "robes that form themselves into tubes". Cmon. You gotta give those sculptors some credit, flamers are awesome looking models. And an army of morphing, mutating, formless, chaotic teeth, mouths and flaming limbs? Christ...whats not to like?
    I dunno, maybe it's just me, but all I see when I look at flamers are robes that form a vague cone shape. Really, that's it.

I'll just come out and say it: I freakin hate khorne and nurgle (as is befitting a tzeentch player ). I hate them not solely because they get the spotlight ALL THE TIME, plus the new models, and forgeworlds attention. But i also hate them for thier boring style of play. Khorne? Run across the table. Charge. I win. Nurgle? Run across the table, remove fewer models than khornate players, charge. Maybe win. Tzeentch? Now theres an army that you cannot afford to be reckless with. It takes strategy and forethought to win with tzeentch. If played right, the shooting phase from a good tzeentchian player would leave you burnt to a crisp with nothing to say about it.
    Bah, you've got it all wrong with Khornate armies. I mean, have you ever tried to take out a mechanized army with a Khornate army? That takes some serious effort, skill and luck on the Chaos player's part. As for Nurgle, I'd imagine that most players don't try to run Nurgle units into close combat seeing that most of said units can barely move, let alone fight. The idea behind Nurgle units are to be very average fighters offensively, but to be extremely difficult to kill or shift from an objective. You are right in that a pure Tzeentch army takes skill to play correctly, but I wouldn't say there's any more skill involved in setting up fire traps that ensure that the enemy doesn't get to assault you is any more complex than insuring that your units get to assault the enemy.

Go ahead, you can have your boring assault troops. Ill take my chances with an army that requires skill.
    Haha, ouch. Hey now, I was only bashing the models! Like half of my Daemon army is Tzeentchian! :P

Quote Originally Posted by person person View Post
    I live in Canada.
    That's nice?

Librarian

GW prices are different here, which means the prices of CSM Warmaster Primus and I listed are both right depending where you live.

I have to admit, that was random.

Chapter-Master

I'd be happy with just a horror command unit, allthough a completely redesigned lord of change would be awesome too, if it got rid of the outdated generic bird look that ruined the feel of the rest of the models.

Shame they get so little love as the horrors/screamers/flamers are by far the most original models GW have produced, and by far the most "alien" and "lovecraftian".

You folks forget something crucial :

Thousand Sons are the best looking model in the CSM army.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast