BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Void Raven (well.....dragon)

Well, had some mileage money to play with from work and got a little excited playing around with lists using the DE flyers, so I made a FW splurge and got a Void Dragon. (I ordered on 12/29, after a month and it hadn't showed I sent them a hate mail, and 4 days later here it is)

I took a gamble after doing research and not finding a definitive size comparison, but I knew it was smaller than the vampire hunter. Yes, I'm fully aware there will probably be an official model released eventually, but I had money burning a hole in my pocket and was being impatient. It came in today, and I was surprised at how few parts there are, which I will not complain about. Here's the initial parts breakdown and size comparison. (Not shown are Valkyrie/Stormraven flying base and cockpit windows)

Battle-Brother

The double starcannon array is going to get the starcannons cut off and have the dark lances affixed as void lances; the four starcannons (cut and filed some) are going to be magnetized for in-game removal as whatever missile I decide them to be, and 2 of the caps to the central hub of a drop pod are going to be combined, affixed, and magnetized as the void mine.

Chapter-Master

yeah the phoenix is roughly half the wingspan of the vampire. The vampire would be way too big for the DE vehicle.

Wow, that's one big hunk of resin. And I thought my Vulture engine was big. I don't even know what the TBolt kit looks like that I recently ordered. (Supposed to get here monday, wee!)

Ya know, the Vulture engine is huge, you're right. But THIS...this, I'm having a hard time believing it's just a SINGLE piece of resin. I think, overall, this is one of the better-looking Eldar models. Good luck!
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Wow, I've loved this model for ages but never bought any because I assumed they would be too frustrating to assemble. I'm going to have to rectify that when my IA11 order gets placed.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Porty1119 View Post
    Ya know, the Vulture engine is huge, you're right. But THIS...this, I'm having a hard time believing it's just a SINGLE piece of resin.
    You should see a tigershark then :P

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Wow, I've loved this model for ages but never bought any because I assumed they would be too frustrating to assemble. I'm going to have to rectify that when my IA11 order gets placed.
    Don't sing its praises yet.. the kit is just as infuriating as any other FW Eldar model with thin, wide, flat surfaces that like to twist and bend in all directions.

The phoenix's canopy frame is annoying to make fit due to said warping.

When I first got mine - the wife looked at it and asked why I had a weird boomerang on my desk.

Its nothing a bit of heat won't fix, I had to do that with my Revenants. And Avatar. And Scorpions. And Cobras. Hm, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yes - well, let me just put it this way.

I had built a whole lotta eldar toys before I built the Phoenix - but this is the model that convinced me to say "screw it!" and just glue my canopies shut.

I still curse it to this day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast