BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fly Lord

Loving it Isotope!

I think the removal of the horrid top vent and using a standard marine razorback turret will end up being a fairly common Stormraven conversion. It is so simple and really improves the lines of the kit.

I love your Egyptian take on the dread. The one piece of advice I would offer, is to somehow break up the hard flat edge of the cloth that extends between the legs of the front figure, where it would normally meet the base. That articifially harsh horizontal line doesn't go with the flowing lines of drapery everywhere else on the model. A tiny bit of greenstuff and some subtle dremeling/shaving should do it.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Loving it Isotope!

I think the removal of the horrid top vent and using a standard marine razorback turret will end up being a fairly common Stormraven conversion. It is so simple and really improves the lines of the kit.

I love your Egyptian take on the dread. The one piece of advice I would offer, is to somehow break up the hard flat edge of the cloth that extends between the legs of the front figure, where it would normally meet the base. That articifially harsh horizontal line doesn't go with the flowing lines of drapery everywhere else on the model. A tiny bit of greenstuff and some subtle dremeling/shaving should do it.

-Larry
    Cheers for the advice, I do need to blend the marine into the structure a bit more.

The turret is just the storm raven turret trimmed down to use onle the base trimmed to a circle shape (which fits the turret ring) and the weapons. Saves having to buy a separate razorback turret.

Veteran-Sergeant

Best. Dread. Ever!

What codex do you use to field them?
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Quote Originally Posted by Legoklods View Post
    Best. Dread. Ever!

What codex do you use to field them?
    Thanks, am going to be using the new GK codex when its out to field my thousand sons as grey knights. Seems appropriate given their tendency towards psychic powers and force weapons.

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=11823"]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=11823[/URL]

My light box is still a work in progress but here is my partially painted storm raven in heresy KSons colours, lots of red and gold blended together. It's slightly less orange in real life but I haven't yet found any daylight bulbs.

That's coming along quite nicely.

Nice work on the base, is that a space puppy getting pawned down there?

Finished, fastest painting of a centrepiece model I've ever done

The base is indeed a space puppy getting souljacked

Chapter-Master

thats really good painting !!! thats the best from you ive seen !!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Very nice conversions, man... Just one request.

Do a Thousand Sons LR Achilles. Cmon. It's Canon.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Default Thousand Sons Dreadnought

Just to close the loop on this thread, finished my super-sized dreadnought. I'm thinking with a trygon base and a replacement for the plasma cannon, which is magnetised, it would make an acceptable dreadknight if I let the banner count for TLOS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12