BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Converting the Storm Raven (KSons)

My Storm Raven arrived today and I have been putting it together. I decided to go with only minor conversions to the structure (+some KSons detail), as follows:

• I cut down the side thruster covers and added front stabilisers from the tail of the valkyrie.
    • I put the landing gear in the up position and used the rearlegs as the dread grapple (it doesn't function but my dread is going to be too big anyway).
    • I kept the top turret and ditched the air vent, but shrunk it down by omitting the servitor cabin

I'm going to paint it this weekend and will follow up with some painted shots later.

Much improved.

Getting rid of the vent and lowering that turret is a major improvement. I had the same thought about going "wheels up" and using the gear as Dread grapples. I also had a similar idea about putting canards on the thing but I was going to go completely tailless and use the elevators as canards.

Yours looks great from the top and even the front -- it's that side view that is still a killer. Even so, MUCH improved and it will help me make decisions about mine.
    Last edited by Spy_Smasher; 02-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.

And my work in progress dread.

The idea is to have a full length gold sarcophagus cover (egyptian style). To accommodate this I made the dread taller with old leman russ track wheels above the feet + extra leg covers and a big high elf banner.

as you can see it wouldn't fit under the storm raven

Chapter-Master

fantastic conversions!!! cant wait too see theser painted up nicely!! BTW is the dread piloted by a sorcerer or is that a sarcophagus?? if you are doing another dread how about looking round a museum shop for a miniture egyptian one?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Thanks,

The idea is that this guy is a proper dreadnought with someone under sarcophagus cover that is an image of the pilot before their interrment.

When the GK codex comes out I am going to do a cataphract robot from the book piloted psychically by remote to represent the rumoured dreadknight.

Interesting work.

Technically, the 'front stabilizers' would count as canards.

On the dred grapple, does that actually allow you to hold a dred there?