BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Thunderhawk VS. Stormraven

First off let me say that I own both. 1 Thunderhawk and 3 Stormravens so far.
    Why should I even get any more Thunderhawks?
    Thunderhawks and Stormravens are both transports and combat fighters. They deliver troops and a major payload of fire power. So Break down.
    Thunderhawk:
    Points 920 w/torbolaser
    Transport: 30
    weapons: 4 x Twin linked bolters, 6 H.K.'s, Twin Linked Lascannon, Turbo Laser or Battle Cannon
    Armour: 12, 12, 10
    Price: 650-700 dollars

Storm Raven
    Transport: 12 & a Dread
    Weapons: Twin melta or HB, Twin Las/Assault cannon/plasma cannon, 4 blood missles
    Transport: 12 & dread
    Armour: 12, 12, 12
    Price: 66 dollars

Why should I buy another Thunderhawk when it's easier to put together and more reliable on the component shapes of the Stormraven then a Thunderhawk. I could buy more Stormravens for every Thunderhawk. 4 Stormravenss at least for 1 Thunderhwak.
    For the points cost of one Thundehawk I can field more troops with Stormravens.
    I can have more overall fire power with Stormravens for the point costs.
    Target allocation: 4 targets for one with the Stormravens to Thunderhawks.
    Armour: Holy crap the Stormraven has a better armour stat then the Thunderhwk.

Why should I bother any more with Thundehawks? I think GW screwed Forgeworld of further Thundehwk sales. Thoughts. Am I missing anything? What does the rest of the BoLS think.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Chapter-Master

Your nerd level increases geometrically the more resin models you own.

oh and since this thread is bound to be filled with comments like "OMFG STORMRAVEN IS OOGLY" and "HOLY CRAP WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO OWN SUCH AN UGLY MODEL!"....

I'd like to put in the actually useful note that the Thunderhawk provides longer range anti-tank/titan weapons while the stormraven has to get closer and therefore gives up its advantage of its mobility.

in my opinion, more is better. the fact that for the same points you can field 4? stormravens = more shots and more targets. plus a few bad rolls and thats 900 pts down rather than 200ish. not to mention that the $cost its 10 SR to 1 THawk.

Chapter-Master

You forget the superb power of a D strength weapon. Also 30 people assaulting out of the Thawk - or 15 terminators - nothing else comes close.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I am just thinking more wow, that's a lot of money on toy soldiers.

Chapter-Master

And a Thunderhawk is an actual flyer. Much tougher to kill when you need 6's to hit.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Did no one else notice in the newest issue of White Dwarf where the design teams comments on a Plastic Thunderhawk and makes it very clear that they're not out of the question......

I think we'll be seeing those plastic T-Hawks sooner than we think.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sangrail777 View Post
    First off let me say that I own both. 1 Thunderhawk and 3 Stormravens so far.
    Why should I even get any more Thunderhawks?
    Thunderhawks and Stormravens are both transports and combat fighters. They deliver troops and a major payload of fire power. So Break down.
    Thunderhawk:
    Points 920 w/torbolaser
    Transport: 30
    weapons: 4 x Twin linked bolters, 6 H.K.'s, Twin Linked Lascannon, Turbo Laser or Battle Cannon
    Armour: 12, 12, 10
    Price: 650-700 dollars

Storm Raven
    Transport: 12 & a Dread
    Weapons: Twin melta or HB, Twin Las/Assault cannon/plasma cannon, 4 blood missles
    Transport: 12 & dread
    Armour: 12, 12, 12
    Price: 66 dollars

Why should I buy another Thunderhawk when it's easier to put together and more reliable on the component shapes of the Stormraven then a Thunderhawk. I could buy more Stormravens for every Thunderhawk. 4 Stormravenss at least for 1 Thunderhwak.
    For the points cost of one Thundehawk I can field more troops with Stormravens.
    I can have more overall fire power with Stormravens for the point costs.
    Target allocation: 4 targets for one with the Stormravens to Thunderhawks.
    Armour: Holy crap the Stormraven has a better armour stat then the Thunderhwk.

Why should I bother any more with Thundehawks? I think GW screwed Forgeworld of further Thundehwk sales. Thoughts. Am I missing anything? What does the rest of the BoLS think.
    Thunderhawks make an epic centrepeice. That's the reason I'm gonna get one.

Librarian

What about a Thunderhawk in the middle of a group of Stormravens? That would add some awesomeness to your game.

Chaplain

Thunderhawks do make a nice center peice. When ever people enter my house there is a large red Thunderhawk there to great them in the living room.
    It does look good with a bunch of little Stormravens around it.
    The turbo laser (str-D) mounted on the Thunderhawk really isn't that special if you consider the rate of fire 4 Stormravens can put out.
    As far as range 96 compared to 72 inches neither really matters because I'm still gonna ram Thunderhawks and Stormravens down an opponents throaght to drop off my favorite payload (Infantry).
    Speaking of payload:
    T-hawk: 15 Terminators
    3 S-raven's: 18 Terminators (and again cheaper)
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast