BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Soft cover? Does this mean there is going to be a hard cover like the Fantasy, Orcs and Goblins?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

From Ruleslawyer (responses to "the gribbly") on Warseer:

what do the following pieces of wargear do:
    -psychotroke grenades (Random abilities from 1- nothing to 6- models in unit make individual test and those that fail attack own unit first)
    -orbital strike relay (basically same as space marine but more choices/options per turn used)
    -daemonblade (random daemonic abilities)
    -hellrifle (36" S6 AP4 rending Possibly Heavy1)
    -condemnar boltgun (missed this one)
    -null rod (and this)
    -psyocculum (and this)
    -scythian venom talon (+2 poisoned weapon that I think can attack owner)
    -ulumeatni plasma syphon (unit firing plasma weapon/s at unit containing this are treated as BS1)

Thank you
    Okay, I ll try and remember more

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    "There is a loyalist oblit, and he is a space monkey."

Actually, it originally said "there is a loyalist oblit, and he is a Grey Knight".
    Now if you begin to feel an intense and crushing feeling of religious terror at the concept, don't be alarmed. That indicates only that you are still sane.

Also, please report to your nearest Inquisitor, where you will be executed for the heretical knowledge of the existence of Chaos, Grey Knights, and Obliterators.

You were making a "Watchmen" reference, right?

Chapter-Master

Yep
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=15800027a[/url]

Models seem nice, except the Dreadknight which at least has extra armour over the pilot's torso, but its still stupid to have head and limbs exposed for no reason.

Oh and Advance Orders are starting to pop up:
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameSt yle=wh40k[/url]
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-09-2011 at 03:31 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

from the text ont heir webpage apparently the warding staff is only 2++ in melee.

so the world is still sane and all you have to do is shoot them dead (without stormshields best save to shooting is 5++!) like normal terminators!

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    from the text ont heir webpage apparently the warding staff is only 2++ in melee.

so the world is still sane and all you have to do is shoot them dead (without stormshields best save to shooting is 5++!) like normal terminators!
    Or 4++ with cover, or 3++ with cover and the shrouding...

Bare in mind, they shoot back tho, it's not Nids we're talking about.

Chapter-Master

Right. When you have dual psycannons and a bunch of str 5 storm bolters in every squad, rhinos, razorbacks and chimeras are going to be lucky to ever have a chance to shoot before the GKs smash into their lines.

Unfortunately, Crowe is still retarded. He's not an IC, and he grants the unit assaulting him furious charge. Ironically, the fact that he's an IC mitigates the fact that units assaulting him get furious charge. Just keep him far away from other infantry units in your army and he'll be playable, but now the only reason to ever take him is for the purifiers it seems.

Edit: Oh, and I actually like the Dreadknights, though the pilot does look funny just hanging there. The rest of the model is pretty sweet, though, especially if you can put it in a cooler pose.

Edit: And what's up with warseer's mods? It took about three pages of disscussion about the new models after GW posted them before they locked the thread, because now that the thread has confirmed stuff it's not actually rumors or some bull like that.

Edit:
    Found some rules

Empyrean Brain Mines are:
    Pick one model after assault moves, but before attacks. Model must make and ini check or not strike (in coma)

Orbital Strike relays are either:
    str 6 ap 4 ord D3 large, blast
    str 10 ap 1 heavy 1 blast, lance
    str 6 ap 4 ord 1, large blast, psi-shock
    Last edited by DarkLink; 03-09-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

So let's see the HS options the codex seems to have:
    -For less than a Storm Raven, 5 dudes with 16 S7 AP4 rending shots, or 8 if they move.
    -For a bit more than a Vendetta, a Dreadnought with 4 TL S7 rending shots and 2 TL S8 shots.
    -A Dreadknight, and everything that represents.
    I won't mention the LR Crusader, because I honestly think these options are better.

Also, Razorbacks with Psybolt ammo are awesome, and well worth the price of admission. It could even be worth giving them TL assault cannons, even if it then gets a bit expensive. But giving your transport the equivalent of two twin-linked Autocannons is soooo tempting.

EDIT: Woah, those Razorbacks would be worthy of a HS slot by themselves, and are transports? Yes please. A Razorback with a TL Assault Cannon and Psybolt ammo, with a unit of Psycannon Purgators inside, comes at a little more than a Land Raider. But that amount of firepower...
    Last edited by Lemt; 03-09-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ha, you don't put the Purgation squad inside the Razorback, you dump them in cover and let them open fire. I ran the numbers, and GKs can do a razor-spam from hell list using Coteaz and cheap henchmen.

Another build I could see being workable is dumping two B-Cs or GMs on the board (with orbital relays, if they don't scatter as bad as the MoO), and then using reserves control to deep-strike everything on turn 3.

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast