BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

You don't put them in the Razorback, but you can get them one just to get an extra tank in that HS slot.

The problem I see with Henchmen-Razorback spam is they clash. Henchmen want to get close to get the most out of the cheap spam of plasma/melta/flamer/CC. Razorbacks want to stay at long/mid range.

Techmarines are a cheapish way of getting Orbital Strike Relays. One with a Conversion Beamer, 3 servo-skulls and an OSR comes at almost 160 points, and seems like packing a good punch. Since GKs seem to have little access to pie plates, they may not be a bad idea. Heavy Psycannons are rare, and psyker squads really unreliable. I just wonder if the OSRs will be any good. :/

Brother-Captain

I don't think the 'lack' of pie plates is anything this army has to worry about.

They have access to a few units with pie plate shots and Purifier squads. I think they'll do alright.

Chapter-Master

Take Crowe (despite the fact that he sucks horribly) and a Librarian. Then spam 5 man Purifier squads with dual psycannons and razorbacks. That's about 1400pts.

That's 5 razorbacks, 10 psycannons, all with 3+ cover saves. That's a ton of suppressive fire, and psycannons are potent enough to kill any vehicle through weight of fire. Hordes, eldar, dark eldar and genestealers will cry due to all the cleansing flames. Most anything short of mech IG will have trouble dealing with that firepower without getting blown away. And unlike most gunline armies, you can still move and shoot if you have to.

There are ways to counter it, but I want to try this out.

Edit:

Put a line of razorbacks behind a line of dudes with 3++ saves.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 03-09-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I'm a total newb here, so this may be a dumb question..and maybe I'm wrong or missing something, but I thought Daemons were immune to instant death??? (pg 27 - Chaos Daemon codex.). I do realize that a model with one wound suffering one wound would die.
    Last edited by Duke; 03-10-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gd99 View Post
    I'm a total newb here, so this may be a dumb question..and maybe I'm wrong or missing something, but I thought Daemons were immune to instant death??? (pg 27 - Chaos Daemon codex.). I do realize that a model with one wound suffering one wound would die.
    Hence why they have avoided using the words instant death and have instead used 'removed as casualty'.

This isn't as bad as rumoured as it tests on the daemons Ld not the grey knights' so much less likely to fail.

Question: Can a grey knight squad make more than one psychic test a turn i.e. can they potentially use hammerhand and force weapons every round of combat or will they have to choose what and when they go for?
    Last edited by isotope99; 03-10-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Chapter-Master

I don't believe they can take more than one test. Not that you'll need use both most of the time, but it does kinda balance itself out that way.

Edit: And apparently psycannons are flat 24", heavy or not.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 03-10-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Man, I feel bad for 'nids with the "everyone has a force weapon!" rule. A big bug that charges a squad of GKs is toast.

Chapter-Master

Unless it has synapse. I think someone did the math and there's a 38% chance of passing the test, and a 17% chance of suffering perils.

Unless they have the brotherhood banner, which grants +1A and auto-pass the force weapon psychic test.

Battle-Brother

Darklink... you can only take one special weapon per 5 guys if I am remembering the entry correctly.

Chapter-Master

Brotherhood banner is a one per squad upgrade, that affects the whole squad. It's not a special weapon. I'm not sure what squads have access to the banner, though. I think it may just be Paladins and/or Terminators.

Any model may upgrade their Nemesis Force Weapon, but yeah, there are a limited number of psycannons, psilencers and incinerators per squad. How many depends on which unit we're talking about.

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast