BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Shyft View Post
    Revarian, Hellfire rounds are one of the special options Vindicare Assassins may choose to fire every shooting phase.

The other two are Shield Breaker: Nullifies an Invulnerable Save for the Rest of the Game, and Turbo Penetrator; two wounds against models, or str 3 +4d6 for armor penetration, Rending. Also AP 1.

Vindicares are also BS 8, so they uh, hit on +2s I think. Yeah, +2s.
    Wait. Waaaiittt..

Str 3 +4D6? That means an average of 13-15 for anti-armour roll? a sniper rifle bullet that can be fired every turn that can, based on averages, punch through a leman russes (russ'?) front armour?
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Skragger View Post
    Wait. Waaaiittt..

Str 3 +4D6? That means an average of 13-15 for anti-armour roll? a sniper rifle bullet that can be fired every turn that can, based on averages, punch through a leman russes (russ'?) front armour?
    And shot at BS8.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    And shot at BS8.
    *dies a little on the inside*
    Hi ho! Hi ho! Its off to Krump we go!

Brother-Captain

The Exitus weapons used by the Vindicare have no strength value.

So the Turbo-Penetrator has 4D6 for AP, but no base strength.

But yes, it is fired at BS8. So he hits on 2+, and if he rolls a 1 re-rolls to hit on a 4+.

Edit: Oh right, and the Exitus weapons are AP1, also, so a Turbo-Penetrator round gets +1 on the damage chart for vehicles.

Double Edit: Ah, crap, forgot about the 'sniper' rule...so yeah, I guess the Exitus Rifle would be 3 strength against vehicles based on that. :/ Yikes.
    Last edited by Kawauso; 03-23-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Chapter-Master

He gets rending, too. So you roll any 6's on those d6, that's an extra d3.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Here's a question:
    The Turbo Penetrator is worded as having "an Armour Penetration value of 4D6".

Bray'arth Ashmantle (a Salamanders Dreadnought HQ from IA10) has a rule called "Wrought by Vulkan" which is worded:
    "Weapons and attacks that gain any form of additional dice to penetrate Bray'arth's armour do not do so in his case, and Lance weapons do not lower his Armour Value."

Based on those wordings, would the TP shot still get the 4D6 for AP? Because I'm not sure if that's 'additional'...
    Similarly, would Wrought by Vulkan negate Rending bonuses? Those would be 'additional', would they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    Here's a question:
    The Turbo Penetrator is worded as having "an Armour Penetration value of 4D6".

Bray'arth Ashmantle (a Salamanders Dreadnought HQ from IA10) has a rule called "Wrought by Vulkan" which is worded:
    "Weapons and attacks that gain any form of additional dice to penetrate Bray'arth's armour do not do so in his case, and Lance weapons do not lower his Armour Value."

Based on those wordings, would the TP shot still get the 4D6 for AP? Because I'm not sure if that's 'additional'...
    Similarly, would Wrought by Vulkan negate Rending bonuses? Those would be 'additional', would they not?
    yes. 4d6 is the base value.. weapon strength is X
    i believe that rule applies to melta and chainfist type stuff.

The Vindicare Assassin has a special Sniper rifle. Sniper Rifles are always considered S3 against vehicles. However, I've agreed with my local group that until it gets clarified I won't add 3 to the 4D6.

And as with Monoliths, anything that denies extra penetration rolls SHOULD **** over the Vindicare, but I'd wait for the Errata/FAQ to be sure.

Chapter-Master

Monoliths only ignore the bonus D6 for things like meltaguns and monstrous creatures. They don't ignore other things like meltabombs. Meltabombs don't get a bonus dice. They don't use the standard str+1d6 penetration, with an extra die to penetrate. Their penetration is just straight 8+2d6.

Same thing here. The vindicare does not appear to use the standard str 3+d6 penetration. The penetration is just flat 4d6, with rending. The monolith does ignore the rending, but not the 4d6.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940