BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

She doesn't, to all intents and purposes she auto-casts Doom on whichever target she attacks. 3 laspistol shots or 5 S3 attacks in close combat with a re-roll on successful saves is hardly better than a Doom cast on a unit which is then shot at by a unit of Bladestorming Dire Avengers or charged by Howling Banshees.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    She does sounds cool but 1 question....

Why does a human, who isn't using the tech to its full power, have a few pieces of Eldar tech better than anything in either of the Eldar races (Craftworld and Dark)?
    Because it is a Maine Codex.

On subject, I am actually surprised that Regular Terminators get 3++ save, yet the super ultra elite Gray Knight Terminators only get a 4++ in combat!

Shouldn't it have been the other way around?

Oh GW, you idiots.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Grey Knight terminators get a whole bunch of other goodies.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Autocasts doom....so its a physic power she never has to take a test for AND cannot be blocked by physic hoods and the like

The prisonmaze cube thing...can remove any model from play on 1 diceroll. True the shattershard can do that as well, but this runs on wounds, not toughness. Most things have a lower wounds than toughness...making ti better.

A S10 AP1 gun....well
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

It sounds like regular termies can't get a 3++. No option for taking storm shields. Paladins have a 4++, and the swords grant them a 3++ in close combat.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It sounds like regular termies can't get a 3++. No option for taking storm shields. Paladins have a 4++, and the swords grant them a 3++ in close combat.
    This was my interpretation, too. Makes it slightly less nuts.

Then again, why would you even bother building a GK army? Mechanized acolyte spam looks like the dominant strategy by a mile.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post

Then again, why would you even bother building a GK army? Mechanized acolyte spam looks like the dominant strategy by a mile.
    The codex isn't even out yet, not for a month or so and you're already working out how to abuse and spam it out?

For shame sir, for shame...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Working it out? You read the thing and it jumps right the hell out at you. It'd be like "working out" that Dreadknight deep-strike spam would make a mess out of almost any army in the game, or that the no-scatter DS character could be combined with a large squad of GKTs to function as a super-Dante.

I'm sure this codex will be like many others before it. Leading up to and just after its release there will be much decrying that it is "broken." Then once it actually starts hitting the tabletop in games, and people start actually playing against it, they will find the ways to beat it, see it's not so bad, and 3-6 months after release we will start to see posts that it is UP and people will want a new codex, blaming GW for all the money they spent on GK models that are now "useless."

Occuli Imperator

I hope that this ends up more like dark eldar... A good codex that is fairly balanced and helps "diversify," the tournament scene.
    Last edited by Duke; 02-18-2011 at 08:13 PM.
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast