BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default A few rumours (Tau, SoB, Eldar, Necron, DA/BT)

This chap on Warseer just posted that according to a source he has Necrons have been pushed back and:

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
    I am only making a somewhat educated guess here, but my bets are actually on Tau. Sisters are probably 1/2-3/4 done based on when I hear they were started.

Eldar are supposedly late next year.

DA's and/or BT's are supposedly being worked on, with one almost done. (I am unclear as to which of them is being worked on or if both are being worked on.)

Supposedly getting a new race next year too.

Better stop now before too many other people post ahead of me.

This is what I hear, take it with salt. We will see how accurate it is.
    You can check it out [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292327"]here[/URL], if you wish.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Is it bad this rumor is discredited to me alone on the grounds of "New Race Next year"?

=/

I'm quite skeptical myself, but there have been persistent rumours of a new race, most recently for WFB, though. Still, we heard SoB were only delayed by model issues, Necrons were months away and that Tau had only just been looked at and these contradict all those as well.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockark View Post
    Is it bad this rumor is discredited to me alone on the grounds of "New Race Next year"?

=/
    I was thinking exactly the same thing going through the post.

"Tau".....ok....

"Eldar late next year".....sure why not...

"DA/BT being worked on/almost done"......Yeah, well, who didn't see that coming...

"A new race".....oh, that was sad. Everything mentally filed as Doubtful/Hogwash.

Chaplain

Bring back the Space Dwarves mwah ha ha haaaaaaa...

Well if it's reliable, that would be great for SoB players. I can't wait to spend a few more hundred on them again. And as for a possible DA upgrade, my mate will be so happy that day is announced.
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

I think Tau would be a really easy one to pencil it in. Yes they need some attention to their rules in the 5th edition world (command and control node anyone?) but as far as the scope of the update it would be pretty much confined to writing and playtesting. The entire Tau model line is plastic except for the blisters, Vespids, and the Broadsides (partially). Also, all of their models still look good with the Vespids being the only painfully horrible models in the line. All they would need to do model-wise would be to make a kit or two for any new Auxiliaries or goodies in the new book and figure out a way to update/balance them. Much easier then the massive update of the Dark Eldar or even the update of the Blood Angels.

Chaplain

I can pretty much say with certainty that Necrons are a way off just yet, although the last time I heard anything on them was last year.

Apparently they are getting the "Dark Eldar treatment", in other words a complete overhaul that they don't want to rush.

As I have stated before Sisters are meant to be a way off, although maybe not as far away as I initially thought as some of the betas are already done. Possibly Q1 2012?

However the new race rumour and the Tau I might be able to shed some light on, but again this is only from what I have gleaned through different sources, so is no more reliable than any other rumours.

Tau will be getting a revamp in Q4 2011. I had initially thought they were getting a new Codex but apparently it's just new models.

They will be getting plastic Pathfinders and plastic Vespid Stingwings, and apparently the Crisis and Battle Suit sets are getting a revisit. Some say they are getting a complete resculpt to bring them in line with the FW versions, but I think realistically they are just getting the weapon options added in plastic on a recut sprue.

The new race rumour probably comes from the fact that the Tau are apparently getting a new unit type, which is an unseen before new race along the lines of the Kroot or Vespid.

How this will work without a new Codex I am unsure, but most people generally feel it is just a new model release, but maybe there will be a White Dwarf entry for them?

And then there is also the Summer of Flyers release, and there is a strong feeling the Tau will be getting something for that. I had heard strong rumours of the Barracuda, but now I keep hearing Remora. I do hope it's the Barracuda though.

Plastic Vespids without a redo of the codex would be a massive waste of ressources.

I can imagine how a new Tau unit type can have been mistaken for a new race/codex.

Chaplain

I know what you mean, nobody use Vespids in my area, not because of the models but because of the rules.

I would have put money on a new Codex given the amount of plastics they are releasing (allegedly) but a very good source has said they are not getting a new Codex, just models which does seem a bit strange.

Chapter-Master

The New race puts a lot of doubt on it to me.

Also if BT/DA are nearly done why would GW release a the FAQ/update for them? That seems silly to me

Tau stuff makes me happy, as does Eldar next year though. But with the rest of it I call a lot of bogus on this
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast