BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Eldar end of next year does NOT make me happy unless 6th edition is released summer 2012.

Once again Eldar will be the harbingers of doom for the edition they were released in and a year later, they're relegated to middle tier.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    Tau will be getting a revamp in Q4 2011. I had initially thought they were getting a new Codex but apparently it's just new models.....

....but I think realistically [XV8] are just getting the weapon options added in plastic on a recut sprue.
    I don't think this is very believable. Firstly, much of the Tau Empire codex is built around Target Priority, a game mechanic that no longer exists. Heck, with RAW the Target Lock doesn't even allow you to split your fire because there is no Target Priority mechanic to pass. The LAST thing Tau needs are reworked models.

As for the XV8s all of their weapons are already plastic, as well as the two gun drones that come in the box. The only thing that could be improved is that they could give you two of each weapon option for twin-linking but that is asking a bit much from GW. 10 weapons, 4 support systems, and 2 Gun Drones all for a single model? Sounds far too generous for GW.

Brother-Captain

The only way I can see this "new race" rumor panning out is either as Tau allies, or if it's a new Chaos Dwarf army book for Fantasy. It makes some sense considering the new Forgeworld chaos dwarf models.

I really hope Necrons are released in 2011. And I say that as a Tau and DA player - I'd much rather seen Necrons out this year than any other army, tbh.

Chaplain

I will be the first to admit that 'crons need an update because they're 3e, their army pricing is totally screwed up as in overpriced, they have no decent anti-heavy vehicle units, and the model range has way too much metal in it and is ridiculously expensive to buy. For those reasons, I can see the necron reboot taking longer than normal. I expect the new codex to come out Q4 2011 at earliest, but more likely next year. I can wait if it gets a release like DE which I was extremely happy with. No rush job, please.

Librarian

Hmm Necrons i say its likley to be a october release but i could be wrong.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    For those reasons, I can see the necron reboot taking longer than normal
    True, but we have no idea when work on Necrons was started. There have already been multiple rumors about the 'cron codex being pushed back. If work on the Necrons was started 2+ years ago, a release this year would by no means be a rush job.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    True, but we have no idea when work on Necrons was started. There have already been multiple rumors about the 'cron codex being pushed back. If work on the Necrons was started 2+ years ago, a release this year would by no means be a rush job.
    How many years were we saying this about Dark Eldar? And how long did they take?

I don't even play Crons and I want them to get one before Tau. The balence of the game is just nicer with another army...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

It would also seem to make sense that they would get the last 3ed codex updated before a 4th ed. on a side note tau have had 2 codexes i think a third before necrons would be harsh lol.

Everyone keeps saying the new race is doubtful, but since I started, a couple months before 3rd Edition they've added:

Sisters of Battle - 1997

Dark Eldar 1998

Necrons - 1998 (WD) / 2003 (codex)

Tau - 2001

It's been awhile, but they did it fairly prolifically once upon a time.

taking a shot in the dark here, but I say it would make a lot of sense from a marketing perspective to release a new Black Templar codex shortly after the 40K MMO comes out (Assuming the Templars are as prominent in that game as the screenshots have led us to believe). So that would put the new codex sometime into 2012 or 2013...sadly.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast