BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Don't think Black Templars are the SMs in the Dark Millennium MMO, unfortunately..

Obviously they and the Dark Angels will get updated eventually, but there's not really too much that can be done to differentiate them from vanilla marines past what they've had, it's more about balancing I'd say.
    I mean, they already have some unique models and characters, but what can be done further without something LOOK-AT-ME BIG like the Stormraven for the Blood Angels?
    I'd imagine Dark Angels getting some form of very-plasmaed Land Raider or Predator..

As far as Necrons go, I'm expecting them to crop up before Tau, we know there are plenty of rumours flying around, most of which are fairly bang on the money.
    Necrons are easier to get out since there is less established background in their sole codex, meaning there are less toes you might tread on when adding/retconning.

Plus, whilst their look is fairly standardised, there is still a lot of room for change. Since Tomb Spiders are coming in plastic, there is also the option to change the look of the Destroyers too.
    Think of how many different designs there have been for Juggernauts of Khorne? All of a similar style, but slowly and subtly refined.
    This is how the Necrons will hopefully be handled.

Tau obviously have a very set style, and a fair amount of units, but where do you go without adding more non-Tau aliens?
    The main rumour to come out for Tau is obviously that Crisis/Broadsides will be changed due to their snappable ankles, but past that?
    Who knows..
    ARMIES: IRON HANDS, NIGHT LORDS, OGRE KINGDOMS

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
    As far as Necrons go, I'm expecting them to crop up before Tau, we know there are plenty of rumours flying around, most of which are fairly bang on the money.
    Hopefully the FNP nerf bat is not applied to We'll Be Back (WBB). Very-very lazy of Matt and the gang if that's the route they go.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm not saying the Demiurg are coming but I would like to say that I had some very interesting emails back and forth regarding the squats. (I asked to show you but was asked specificly not to). Now at no time did they say they were working on them but they "surgested" that there was room for a squats return. (maybe room ment another race entirally who knows) but the point is I wouldn't write off a "new" race just yet.

Librarian

NO JUST NO lol

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    Hopefully the FNP nerf bat is not applied to We'll Be Back (WBB). Very-very lazy of Matt and the gang if that's the route they go.
    On the other hand, it would make things a lot easier, and would reduce the casualties they take during close combat. Not to hard to tweak, with a res orb too. The only thing you would have to change would be Monolith portal, which could keep the rules the way they are.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    It would also seem to make sense that they would get the last 3ed codex updated before a 4th ed. on a side note tau have had 2 codexes i think a third before necrons would be harsh lol.
    How many marine codexes have there been in that time? GW doesn't care about fair, they go with the money...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

C,SM 4th ed Back Templars Dark Angels C,SM 5th ed Space Wolves and Blood Angels unless i am forgetting any

I still think necrons will get a release this year if not october then maybe december.

edit. although they dont generally have a release window in december do they.
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 02-08-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Please, not Squats. Just admit that they're best off as Dwarves in Fantasy and leave it at that. I wouldn't even want to play against them. This is because I am Dwarfist.

New race - Call it a wild (and hopeful) stab in the dark, but what about Mechanicum? I know they're generally Imperials, but how cool? Then they could bring out Dark Mechanicum codex in about three or four years. WORK ON IT GW! Seriously,if you have to have Squats, at least pop 'em in a Mechanicum codex...

Other than entirely making up a new set of Xenos (if I hear ONE word about Slaan or Zoats....), I can't see what else it would be.

Yay Summer of Fliers, Papa needs a Void Raven Bomber...!

Veteran-Sergeant

Don't think Black Templars are the SMs in the Dark Millennium MMO, unfortunately..

Nope, not Black Templars at all...

That said, I personally think the BT Codex is going to coincide with the release of the MMO, which makes me cry because that's like two years away...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    [That said, I personally think the BT Codex is going to coincide with the release of the MMO, which makes me cry because that's like two years away...
    You just got an update that makes them as good (if not better) than BA in combat, and brought the restup to scratch.....

You don't need one as badly as others do :P
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast