BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default 2000 point Necron tournament worthy list

Ok I have decided on the final list for my tournament worthy list, here it is

HQ
    Lord, res orb, veil of darkness - 200
    Lord, res orb, destroyer body, warscythe - 180

Troops
    10 warriors - 180
    10 warriors - 180
    10 warriors - 180

Elites
    10 immortals - 280

Fast Attack
    4 destroyers - 200
    4 destroyers - 200
    4 destroyers - 200

Heavy Support
    Heavy destroyer - 65
    Heavy destroyer - 65
    Heavy destroyer - 65

Total 1995

So all the destroyers including destroyer lord take a flank and cause utter devastation and hopefully split up the enemy army. The remaining infantry advance in a block towards the enemy, the lord joining the immortals. If any one of the infantry units (warriors or immortals) are assaulted the lord will use his veil of darkness to teleport them out of there just behind the other squads, opening the assaulting unit up to four squads worth of shooting in my shooting phase

Well that's it, any advice is greatly appreciated

Chaplain

Necrons are inherently terrible, but that's not a terrible list. Nice one.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by foostoofoo View Post
    Ok I have decided on the final list for my tournament worthy list, here it is
    It's a fine tournament list as long as you keep everything in Res Orb range and only use VoD to remove units from close combat. I don't think it's going to be a lot of fun to play or play against, but it will get the job done in a tournament.

Best of luck!

-- mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    Necrons are inherently terrible, but that's not a terrible list. Nice one.
    This.

I wouldn't count on the Veil so much though, the way combat works now you're lucky to last more than one round with Necrons.

Instead of using the veil as a counter to getting charged, try it as a preventative measure. If the opponent is about to get in charge range, teleport the unit back, and use other units to deliver shots, if done right you could leap-frog your squads, though rapid firing would be a bit tough.

In 2k I advise taking 4 necron warrior squads. Also those single heavy destroyers are pretty juicy free KP for opponents. Maybe go for two squads of two instead?

As for sending all your destroyers one way, think about running the other flank with your heavy destroyers that way enemy armor will have to decide which to give side and which to give front. Also it will open up alternative firing lanes and new targets. After all THAT, it will keep the opponent's guns and units split on which side to take out.

Agreed with Necrons in CC. Darned Combat resolution in 5ed.

I agree with alzer on all points. If you can stay outta combat you never have to worry.

It's a good start, but I see this list having trouble against Marines and Mech armies. Heavy Destroyers are your best chance against Vehicles and with a 36" range, anything you can hit that you don't kill, can hit you back. The Lord will increase survivability of the Destroyers, but that's alot of points to spend to keep them alive. For a 2000 point tourney list, I think it needs a Ctan, Monolith or both. My 2k list looks like this

300 - The Deceiver
    200 - Necron Lord w/ Orb and VOD
    180 - 10 Necron Warriors
    180 - 10 Necron Warriors
    180 - 10 Necron Warriors
    280 - 10 Immortals
    150 - 3 Destroyers
    150 - 3 Destroyers
    235 - Monolith

That comes out to 1855, the rest can be filled with either Heavy Destroyers or Scarabs with Disruption Fields. Hope that helps.

Chaplain

I'm not convinced by the concept of spending 500 points on 2 models, unless those models are AV14/14/14, can disgorge TH/SS, and have a MM on top.

Especially when that Lord doesn't have a Destroyer Body.

I assure you, if you don't own one now, ALL Necron players are likely to want one this time next year. Buy them on eBay now before the rumours of why come out, seriously.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

What rumors?

Chaplain

By Fleetwood Mac.

Seriously...rumours about how awesome taking a Lord with Destroyer Body is, in the new Codex. Duh. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast