BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Dark Eldar...No Stand alone book!!!

I have about 2 or 3 people in florida that I trust when they tell me things so it hurts when 2 of them give me contrasting stories...

1st I was told that one of them had seen new models at GW Memphis. He has been playing since RT and is a good guy. He has no reason to lie IMO.

2nd The other day one of the guys that I think is kind of in the know said a few things that made me pissed off. he said that kelly had been pulled off of the DE models indefinitely. I asked if it was to redo Nids, and he said the nids are done hes working on BA and "other stuff". He said that every time a DE green was put out someone voted it down. ((anyone else remember a little over a year ago where he said they were half way done in a pod cast?))

It seems that DE are being pushed back to the point that they will be put into the next eldar book which sounds like it will contain harey's and exodites as well...

I love this game and DE were my 1st army. I hope to hell he's wrong but at this point with no word either way its getting pretty apparent that the DE are not important in GW's eyes. All the people that keep saying all the extra time means they will be better aren't thinking that all the extra time means that no one is even paying attention to them...

All I want is word on them 1 way or another...If they are going to make me wait til 2011 I'll put them away and at least play something else. If they are getting combined with eldar I'm done...

Chaplain

My most recent information is late 2011. They had a codex written, it was rejected, they're doing it over. Dropping them at this stage seems a colossal waste of money, and unlikely. Especially since the next Eldar Dex probably won't be before 2013.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

man I wish they would just say something about them. Put out the new models, why push them back so far after people have been working on them...Its driving me nuts...GW is really proving they don't care about anyone they have right now, its all about LCD with the past few releases...

2013?! I'll be 26. Gah, I'll have to start on that guard army. No offense intended (at all) but I so hope you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    My most recent information is late 2011. They had a codex written, it was rejected, they're doing it over. Dropping them at this stage seems a colossal waste of money, and unlikely. Especially since the next Eldar Dex probably won't be before 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    2013?! I'll be 26. Gah, I'll have to start on that guard army. No offense intended (at all) but I so hope you are wrong.
    Try to build one of those Forge World Armoured companies from the IA update

(you're 22? I feel oooooollld)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    You poor old thing you! lol
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    You poor old thing you! lol
    In 2013 I'll be 27...
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
    In 2013 I'll be 27...
    I'll be 42! Be grateful for your youth lol.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Banned

And incidentally it's Jes Goodwin working on the sculpts. If Phil Kelly was working on DE it would have been on the codex, which if Jes is taking as long to sculpt them as he says he is might explain why they pulled him (Phil) off the DE project. No point writing a 5th ed codex when the army won't be ready until 7th ed

They can't just generalize Dark Eldar like that. If they are generic enough to go in the same book as other Eldar that means they just got lazy.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast